Sign in to follow this  
smiley_ie

What Engine ?

What Engine is CC using, I take its arma II ? If so i have to say im looking forward to Arma 3 and DayZ seems to run very well.:butbut: compared to arma 2

If I was to guess, it is a modified real virtuality engine. It's meant to run on consoles, so it does perform quite well.

The engine of carrier command is completely unrelated to RV, actually. I specifically asked this question at gamescom, and the devs also mentioned this before on forum threads. Nobody ever disclosed a name, though, apparently. It appears to be completely made in-house, though, just like RV.

http://www.carriercommand.com/2012/03/community-in-command-questions-round-4/

Also mentioned in the first answer.

Hate to say it but I think a benefit of the Xbox-version is that it runs so smoothly on PC. If it were PC only I bet they would had put too much in there on the expense of consistent FPS.

I must say the weather effects are really good. Maybe a bit over-exaggerated but they suit the setting and they look good. I also think they affect gameplay in a very balanced way. Heavy snowstorm is... heavy snowstorm... :)

I'm not so sure if it's a new engine as they've used the Enforce engine for Alpha Prime. Alpha Prime is a game by Black Element Studios, now owned by Bohemia Interactive.

Edited by Nicholas

I'm not so sure if it's a new engine as they've used the Enforce engine for Alpha Prime. Alpha Prime is a game by Black Element Studios, now owned by Bohemia Interactive.

Well the engine was practically rewritten, obviously taking the good from the older engine, so realistically it's not exactly a continuation of that engine, but really a reimagination.

I think that engine is pretty awesome and quite flexible in what it does, from the looks of it.

I wonder if more functionality could me offloaded into the scripts... like the actual handling of UI events. :-)

I think that engine is pretty awesome and quite flexible in what it does, from the looks of it.

I wonder if more functionality could me offloaded into the scripts... like the actual handling of UI events. :-)

We are increasing the scope of the script API, so many things will be possible once the modding tools are ready. The UI handling events are actually offloaded into script.

BIS you guys just rock ^^ Thank you for always supporting us modders. i have many many plans for a huge mod for CCGM "which this game is wickedly fun" please keep up the great work my BIS peeps!