Sign in to follow this  
Doomdark64

Manta hook

Whats the command to pick a walrus up using the manta and hook? tried everything i can and no luck.

any info greatly appreciated.

You have to hover over a Valrus (almost directly) then you pull your nose a bit up and press F when the hooksymbol appears. It is not very easy.

Whats the command to pick a walrus up using the manta and hook? tried everything i can and no luck.

any info greatly appreciated.[/QUOte]

Control the Manta and position it directly above the Walrus, hit F when prompted to hook on, again to hook off. Once the Walrus is hooked the Manta can still execute orders like move or attack.

Note that equipment on both the Manta and Walrus will slow it down and can considerably increase fuel use.

Never do this with a manta that has no armor as it will die if you so much as touch it.

Armor MK 2 is too heavy and will eat your fuel once you hook on.

And so I just use Armor MK 1 when I go to hook.

It seems you also will move the same speed after you hook on no matter what armor you have on.

So it has to be a manual pickup? No way to do it remotely from the "commander's chair"? Darn.. wish i had read this - i left a walrus stranded that somehow fell off a path behind some rocks and got stuck.. lol.. i couldnt get it clear even when driving manually. And couldn't figure out the hook to pick it up.. so i left it... oh well..

sometimes the walrus will free itself in that situation if you just give it a move order to some point ahead and just leave it for a while

Yes i would like to see it become a command from the map also a way of launching from the carrier with a walrus already attached.