Sign in to follow this  
SlimPow

Harvest red/razor 2 mission freeze

So I got this game a few days ago after move up from OFP(DR not RR) and have been loving it the combat is great ,commands are great, well I'm In love with the entire game

anyway i was playing razor 2 mission and decided to go after the 3 x's that are on your map to track down the leaders. got too the first one nothing there marines had cleared it out, second one nothing there either just a tent so i started to leg it too the 3rd (walked the whole way after hummer drop of a click out figured its a lot safer on foot then in a heli. Anyway i was about 1/2 from the 3rd red x (coming from the second) and my game freezes i Ctrl alt delete end-task restart and no matter what save i use it freezes about 2 or 3 mins into it, however if i restart no problem if i play another campaign no problem, I'm going to restart harvest red again and was wondering if i did anything wrong (i saved often and when my saves where full i would overwrite the 1 then 2 then 1 etc etc etc)

really don't want it freezing again and want to finish the campaign before moving on to the others finish it as I'm enjoying the hell out of it. BTW was playing this in Arma 2 combined operations

thanks

Not sure if this would help but try saving, quiting, and then restarting your computer. Maybe your computer just can't take the demands of the mission for a long enough time period. I'm not sure if that is it or not but I thought it might be worth a try for you. I did just notice that you said "ctrl alt delete end-task restart" and if the restart means you restarted your computer then ignore my comment. I'm not sure if you meant computer or game.

i would have to thank Bohemia for helping me find a huge problem with my computer turns out 2 of the 3 fans where broken on my case mostly the one cooling my radiator went out today a got a new case with 9 fans 2 on the radiator went from 72 degrees on my processor to 39 under load... no other game stressed my computer enough for me to notice.

edit.....

just started playing again went from most things low/normal 1300 view distance to everything high 2500 view, running smooth as silk. i have a i7 3770k 16g ram ssd and a 670 gtx after installing fans and going from a mid size to full tower its improved my performance through the roof even the video cards running better if anyone has a rig the can handle this game and experiencing problems download real-temp and have a look at what everything is doing in my case my computer was overheating under-load and performing like crap, and only arma could make it stress hard enough to notice a diffrence one hell of a game thanks again boh you probs saved my comp : P

Edited by SlimPow