Sign in to follow this  
tofke

fun factor : ON

a lot of fun with this one ! big fan of the amiga version (when I was still young and thin) I found this remake rather comparable to the original and always so well as before (for me)

some patchs are welcome for sure, but it still a good game with a lot of potential

Tofke

(made in Belgium)

Thanks for the support, we are always happy when our players enjoy the games we make. I am also hoping modders will make some terrific modifications for the game, hence our efforts to make that as easy as possible.

The modding support for most of your games are brilliant

Did you consider puitting CC up for the Steam Workshop? I spent hours sifting through mods for Skyrim there :p

Would also get some free PR for being a Workshop title

The modding support for most of your games are brilliant

Did you consider puitting CC up for the Steam Workshop? I spent hours sifting through mods for Skyrim there :p

Would also get some free PR for being a Workshop title

An very good question! I was about to purchase CC on Steam but I wanted to check the forum a bit, in order to know what to expect, in terms of features and potential issues. Will I be able to install any MODs if they're not available through Steam Workshop? I wouldn't want to miss all the fun! Otherwise, I'll try grabbing a physical copy instead.

I know that I haven't played it yet, but the concept is really interesting. I'm a HUGE Battlezone fan and anything that has resemblance to it has my attention. A suggestion for future MODs or potential DLCs : add new units, provided the engine supports it. They used to do it back in the days of Total Annihilation and it was great, to have some new units from time to time... :cool:

Thanks for the support, we are always happy when our players enjoy the games we make. I am also hoping modders will make some terrific modifications for the game, hence our efforts to make that as easy as possible.

Add another one to that player total! Played the original so much when I was very young, and although I didn't get it, I loved watching the Mantas and Walrus undocking/docking. I started to get it when I grew up a bit, and worked on tactics and stuff. This remake has all the charm of the original, with loads more tactical depth. Just spent 3 hours trying to execute a perfect beach landing. Awesome stuff guys. This will have me hooked for ages, and I'm glad I'm old enough to appreciate it!

a lot of fun with this one ! big fan of the amiga version (when I was still young and thin) I found this remake rather comparable to the original and always so well as before (for me)

some patchs are welcome for sure, but it still a good game with a lot of potential

Tofke

(made in Belgium)

I also played the original on the Amiga and this one takes me back. I am happy Bohemia stuck to the basics on this one, it is so close to the original (albeit the graphics). The game play will keep me going for hours on end as did the original. :yay:

From the start of play my fun factor has slowly increased to the point that it's now hovering at 9.6

Once the things that need fixing get fixed, I can't see anything to prevent it from hitting the magic 10. As I remember I have only ever given one other game a fun factor of 10 before.

Whats the thing with steam workshop? It looks like another dl site for mods and nothing else for me. So what is for you that you want that? And oh shit arma don't have it and look how big the mods are for it ;)

Whats the thing with steam workshop? It looks like another dl site for mods and nothing else for me. So what is for you that you want that? And oh shit arma don't have it and look how big the mods are for it ;)

As far as I'm concerned, I don't really care about Steam Workshop. I just want to make sure that I'll be able to use mods even though I have the Steam version of the game. I'm not usually much into MODS but for this one, I'd be interested.

Oh shit streamlined sorting of mods, suscriptions auto-update, favourites for beta mods in progress you don't want to install yet and mouseover popups describing mods in the Steam interface.

Streamlined sorting mods whats that? So its exactly what I say , most of the games who are good modifiable have auto-update tools for mods. I don't see the workshop for the easy to modify games. Thats a bad thing because the have already the auto modification upgrade tool. When I look closely I only see 2 games on my steam acc who get the workshop.

Popup like spam popups haha :), na I am no fan of social network things and steam goes this way more and more. To bad because I like the easy installations and launch of games.

I just completed the campaign early this morning.

Now I just want to start it all over again, thats how much I enjoyed it.

I have tried strategy mode as well, but I dont like that I start out with everything available.

I like to be able to capture islands and then find new items I can produce as I take these islands.

If I have everything from the start I dont feel there is any real progression for me and I quickly get bored.

I really liked the story of the campaign, and hope that the mod tools will enable us players to create our own campaigns as well.

I actually read somewhere that it should be possible, but cant remember where.

I cant remember any game that I have enjoyed this much is years.

I honestly dont know how to express with word just how much I appreciate when BI has done with this game.

With so many crappy console ports thees days, its so refreshing to see that a developer can actually take the time to create a good game.

I know I probably said it before, but it just cant be said enough.

I sincerely hope they are working hard to get the bugs and other issues we have reported fixed as soon as possible, because once those are rooted out this game should be able to outshine most other games.

Edited by Bansheedragon

Yeah.

Here I am, a fully grown adult and I am risking my job by playing this game instead of sleeping at night. Thanks a lot, BI.

I have tried strategy mode as well, but I dont like that I start out with everything available.

I like to be able to capture islands and then find new items I can produce as I take these islands.

If I have everything from the start I dont feel there is any real progression for me and I quickly get bored.

Yes, I would prefer the strategy game to have you visiting research labs to get tech like int he campaign, even if it meant giving the AI all the tech at the start as it would not do that.