Sign in to follow this  
LordSimpson

Manta reward on Bacchus

Not sure where to put this as it may not be a bug but did anyone receive any manta upgrades / equipment after completing Bacchus (Rescue mission) the manta I got (replacing the destroyed one) was just a normal manta with a machine gun, after the campaigns "Grab this tricked out manta" bit is thought I would at least get some armour. :confused:

So yeah bug or poor phrasing of the mission dialogue? if it is a bug could it be because I had all 4 mantas (built the last one) before starting the mission ?

I got the same manta like you, without armor, but with machine gun. Which I lost at the next isle. Oh, well the walrusses were more useful. And later I produced new ones....

The "New upgrades" refers to the afterburner module that is automatically installed on Manta's from then on. Or is it turbo for Walruses. Cant remember.

Tricked out means it had been modified for use aboard ship as a remote. If you pay close attention at the beginning of the campaign, they talk about how craft are being modified to work with the carrier as remote units. This is the "tricked out" reference.

Those early missions are against easier opponents - if your flying wisely you shouldn't lose the manta. It takes a while before you can produce them.