Sign in to follow this  
colmaniac

Redefine controls?

How can I change the controls to use the arrow keys? I.E :- UP forward BACK backward LEFT left etc, as it says configured for controller, change controller keys first.. How do you do this?

Thanks

Open ccsettings.xml from your documents/CarrierCommand folder and remove the following lines:

<key code="left" action="padleft" />

<key code="right" action="padright" />

<key code="up" action="padup" />

<key code="down" action="paddown" />

That should unbind them and you can rebind them in the main menu.

Open ccsettings.xml from your documents/CarrierCommand folder and remove the following lines:

<key code="left" action="padleft" />

<key code="right" action="padright" />

<key code="up" action="padup" />

<key code="down" action="paddown" />

That should unbind them and you can rebind them in the main menu.

Hi, tried that, I even deleted the 360 control settings, as that is where the conflict is coming from as the arrow keys are on the layout, I have even changed the A,S,D,W for up,down,left,right but still not working, I have done this on other games and it does work, but this game no luck, I have also done a reboot as well

is there a way to configure other keys for the mousewheel ? Since im using a trackball without a wheel its making it hard to use the map. Havnt found an option to change it,yet

really no one?

ok,ive found the keys at least to get to the strategic map...since i have german keylayout it wasnt easy ^^

Edited by Gatheron

ok,ive found the keys at least to get to the strategic map...since i have german keylayout it wasnt easy ^^

Mind to help me out here since I have the same problem?

Bye, K&K,

T-Zee

To the Developers/Site Admins:

OK, I just bought this game on Steam for PC and not 10 minutes later, I've had to register on this forum to post a problem! (NOT a good start!)

Right, so the game launches, get the intro movie etc and then it brings up the Main Menu screen. So as I always do with a new game, I hit the

Options, set the display settings and so on and then look at the keys.

Here's where the problems start - when I try to change Forward to use the UP ARROW the game locks up solid. Have to end task to get out of it.

From a very quick skim of this forum it seems that this game is FAR from ready for general release. I'm not impressed having just shelled out 40 EUR

for it and I can't even set the controls?

If you (the developers) had put as much effort into testing and fixing this game as you have into the ridiculous registration requirements to get an

account on this forum (multiple Captcha, put in the name of the developer, tell us when OFP was released?? (I have to Google an answer to be

able to post a problem with a game I've just bought now??) then that would have been a far more productive use of your time.

So I suppose the first question is, short of having to edit config files (which should NOT be necessary), IS there a fix? Is there a patch on the way?

If so, when?

I know that these days MOST games ship with issues, and we as paying customers have to live with it and hope MOST of them will be fixed before

attention shifts to the next project, but seriously.. again, looking through all the problems reported here, this is beyond a joke!

My setup (not that it seems to matter as it's a common problem based on posts above)...

DELL XPS 630 (2.4 Ghz Quad Core), 8GB RAM, 600 GB HDD, ATI Radeon HD 6970 (2GB)

I'd appreciate a prompt response, or I might as well try and get my money back and wait till/if ye fix this mess. Disgusted!

Here's where the problems start - when I try to change Forward to use the UP ARROW the game locks up solid.

Yup, this happens if you just select (highlight) the wanted keybind and press the up arrow (probably happens with other keys as well).

Yup, this happens if you just select (highlight) the wanted keybind and press the up arrow (probably happens with other keys as well).

This happened to me a couple of times when I first installed the game, but then the problem vanished.

The mind boggles. :confused:

I guess this is what you get when program code is split between xbox and PC, a bit of a cluster boogle.

Edited by Dajunka

Okay, I think it's when you only click the key you want to change 'ONCE' that you get the lock up. If you double click it, things should be okay.

EDIT: Just noticed the fix has already been mentioned.

Edited by Dajunka

Yay, this did the trick for me, now I can go and play without WASDing..