Sign in to follow this  
Guess Who

Retail copy wants to activate online?

Hi there,

I finally got my retail copy today, installed fine. When starting the games it wants me to put in my key which is on the back of the printed manual. When I filled that key in, CC wants to activate via internet connection? What the heck is going on here? Has anyone got an idea to to activate without an internet connection?

German retail copy, publisher is Morphicon.

Check for the posts from Dram. He mentioned the system in one post.

You need to activate online once, thereafter you do not need the internet to play, this is an anti-piracy method. Since you are asking, I assume that specific computer cannot connect to the internet?

You need to activate online once, thereafter you do not need the internet to play, this is an anti-piracy method. Since you are asking, I assume that specific computer cannot connect to the internet?

Thanx for replying that fast, Dram. And yes, you are correct, no internet connection on my gaming rig. That's whay I waited for a retail copy. The cover doesn't mention any internet connection required though ... I actually was thinking Morphicon had failed to put the right .exe on the DVD! :) It actually never came to my mind that you guys would require an online activition. I mean I own the complete Arma series and OFP, Take On Helicopters and now CC. Never before was there an online activation required. Is that even solveable without internet? I guess the answer is no ...

BTW: Thanx for the tip, kju. :)

No problem, glad to help.

Is that even solveable without internet? I guess the answer is no ...

To be honest I am unsure. If you send a PM to Johny, he will be able to assist you in this regard.

Well, I hate to admit it, but I wanted to play this games so much that I just put a plug into my router; system is downloading 101 updates right now and meanwhile the activation was succesful. Thank you very much for your excellent support. You always get some help on these forums even if it's the "motivational" kind ... :)

On a side note: you should really motivate your publishers to add a note on their packaging about the online activation! There will be complaints.

Could be worse, could be like many other smacktard companies are doing and thats forcing consumers to create an account full of personal information just to play their shitty games.

Please never go down the scumbag path BI :)