Sign in to follow this  
Zenn_Ian

Campaign Broken? Unfinishable?

I'm a good bit into the campaign. Two things have me stuck:

1) I can't find the Marshes Upgrade, I've searched all the newer islands on the eastern side of the map. Nothing. I've gone back to a few of the starter islands in the campaign and when I search the islands I don't even get a message after hacking the lab. Is it missing? Broken? Without it I cannot attack the Marsh Islands.

2) I did get notified that I was at an island where they are holding Aurora, the cut-scene played. I got moved to control of a Walrus in the hanger bay, and I'm not sure what to do at this point. There is no indication of where to go on the island to get her. No way-point. Am I missing something?

This game is amazing and I'm enjoying it very much. Can a dev respond with some answers these issues? I'm not the only one with them as there are threads about them in the General forum.

Thanks in advance.

I'm a good bit into the campaign. Two things have me stuck:

1) I can't find the Marshes Upgrade, I've searched all the newer islands on the eastern side of the map. Nothing. I've gone back to a few of the starter islands in the campaign and when I search the islands I don't even get a message after hacking the lab. Is it missing? Broken? Without it I cannot attack the Marsh Islands.

same Problem here: I can't find the marshes Upgrade

I think I got the marsh upgrade on the third island I mention above... are there other islands that are not marshes that you can capture? I think part of this campaign is slightly random...

I think I got the marsh upgrade on the third island I mention above... are there other islands that are not marshes that you can capture? I think part of this campaign is slightly random...

I've captured every non-marsh island. No upgrade. :(

I too had the same problem. I had taken every Island on the map except the marsh islands.

Had to reload my game from the point when I had just taken Fulcrum. Thankfully it keeps the autosave at this point.

This time round it went into the cutscene and FPS section having taken Terminus, and having first taken the island south of it. (Can't remember exact name, Duessa or something similar)

Thanks, so the cut scene was triggered when you took Terminus again?

I'm on some island with only loads of units for defence, I've setup a path for the walruses to follow and I fly a manta to support, only the game crashes everytime when I get to a certain point and while shooting at an enemy walrus. Usually with some error like this:

Scripts\AI\IslandTacticsAmbush.h:809

Scripts\AI\IslandTacticsAmbush.h:970

Thanks, so the cut scene was triggered when you took Terminus again?

Yes. Must have been a bug on my first playthrough where the cutscene failed to trigger.

Yes. Must have been a bug on my first playthrough where the cutscene failed to trigger.

It appears that is what has happened, could someone please report it to the tracker? Along with the Scripts\AI\IslandTacticsAmbush.h:809, Scripts\AI\IslandTacticsAmbush.h:970 bug

Yeah I got it working, reloaded back to the part when the second half of the map opened up and just started playing again. When I took Terminus again the cutscene played and I rescued Aurora... then got the Marshes upgrade.

And I think I know what went wrong. When I took the island the first time I destroyed the Command Center and rebuilt it due to not having hack pods and being lazy. This must have broken the campaign. I hope the devs are reading this so they know it's a weak spot and can break the story.

Yeah I got it working, reloaded back to the part when the second half of the map opened up and just started playing again. When I took Terminus again the cutscene played and I rescued Aurora... then got the Marshes upgrade.

And I think I know what went wrong. When I took the island the first time I destroyed the Command Center and rebuilt it due to not having hack pods and being lazy. This must have broken the campaign. I hope the devs are reading this so they know it's a weak spot and can break the story.

I have the same problem: no marshes upgrade :-(

So I also startet new from Fulcrum and did like you said: Conquer "Deussa" (or similar name) and then Terminus. But there is no cutscene, also my third try brings the same. I take the commandcenter with the hack-capsule and after that go to the Laboratories and take the upgrades (2x Missiles and something else) - but no marshes upgrade.

On my journey towards Terminus there is a small "cutscene" (where is explained that the enemy carrier is stronger and the get-the-torpedo-mission). But thats not what you mean, I think.

Have you a tipp for me? What do I wrong?

Puh... I'm really frustrated about that... in my game before I finished all Islands (also Genetix on Level "deadly") but the Marshes-Islands remained. In that first game I got also the "Aurora/Pod" cutscene twice and each no FPS-Part was following. So I knew there is something wrong...

But now I played the whole Fulcum-Mission once again (also FPS) to be sure that nothing is wrong. I read that that marshes upgrade should be on Deussa or Terminus... but non of them got it for me. :-(

P.S. Here is my (last?) hope:

OK I finally got the marshlands upgrade.

I got a video sequence showing that I needed to rescue another person.

This happened while I was trying to retake the original 4 islands (Vulcan, Arachnid, Treasure and Frontier)

After retaking them, I decided to go back to sanctuary, which was already under my control and try to look for the upgrade again.

I was the put in FPS mode and had to infiltrate an enemy base to rescue this person, after which I got the marshland upgrade.

So I will stay hard and continue even not getting the Marshes upgrade or Cutscene on Terminus, hoping that the Cutscene appears later...

Edited by anton-korduan