Sign in to follow this  
WA Lancer

Schwemlitz, Germany WIP

I want to visit Germany naaaow! :D

It’s a beautiful country, can recommend a visit, although of course, we can just drive there, with the help of a tunnel.:p;).

just a pity that it's obviously so hard to make proper (i.e. elevated) pedestrian walkways besides the streets - and then make the civilian module let the civvies walk on it instead on the road. I find those quite characteristic for central european towns.

For Chernarus, that wasn't an issue for BIS since that area is in reality a very rural, quite poor and (in terms of infrastructural improvements) somehow forgotten area with incredibly small settlements that often don't even deserve to be called village, and there are no pedestrian walkways at all (in fact, the roads are much worse than in game!). And in the upcoming Limnos island that might be similar (not sure), if there are no pedestrian walkways either, then BIS won't see any incentive to contruct any. Anyway, that is obviously something left for a dedicated modder.

Schwemlitz 'Minus' parking lot
LOL! (just FYI to the non-germans: in real life, that supermarket chain is called "Plus"^^)
Looking very very good indeed... BTW, is there any military base arround??

In real life, the Bergen-Hohne training area is some 20km west of where this map is located (i.e. where Mondkalb's Celle map took place). I don't know if some military installations end up in the Schwemlitz map, but that would deviate from reality. There are no airports etc. either, it's a rural area.

Edited by Brainbug

@Mondkalb how do you get umlauts to show up on the map from the cfgnames?

Convert your names.hpp file from ANSI to UTF-8.

Convert your names.hpp file from ANSI to UTF-8.

Yep already got those working! Thanks! I've been out of town this weekend but should have some time to finish this week.

Still working on this slowly but surely we're knocking things off the list for release. After a long week of real life work I decided to make something. Happy Weekend!

It looks great but I noticed a lot of lag while watching your video.

I hope this map is FPS friendly and Im sure we will be able to play on it before 2013 :)

It looks great but I noticed a lot of lag while watching your video.

I hope this map is FPS friendly and Im sure we will be able to play on it before 2013 :)

The lag your seeing is actually caused by how I made the video, I used a perframe handler running skip time to create a time lapse effect. So between each frame there is a significant amount of time passing which makes it look like the frame rate is low. We have tested the map extensively and performance has been acceptable to very good. Expect better performance on this map than on a map like Chernarus however probably not as good as performance as some of the more sparsely populated desert maps.

Great looking terrain. Great video.

Is all your clutter objects got good lods?

Seem there might have been 1 (light green) grass type that "pops" into view.

eg 1:42 on right side of road and in one of the fields later in the video.

Gnat;2254036']Great looking terrain. Great video.

Is all your clutter objects got good lods?

Seem there might have been 1 (light green) grass type that "pops" into view.

eg 1:42 on right side of road and in one of the fields later in the video.

Yea they all have proper LODs, shouldn't be any popping issues. I just watched the video again and those cases of LOD popping are just the lighting being weird because of the time compression. The objects went from being unlit to fully lit in a few frames and it makes it look like they popped in.

Edited by Falcon_565

Hello and good day

I have read with pleasure today that the map came out in front of you,

I wish that more come out such maps. in such a quality. It can some would like to take an example map builder because it anyway in Germany until Mondkalb only one. Who built a German map, I hope you go on like this and more comes out of Germany and larger.

keep it up