Sign in to follow this  
WA Lancer

Schwemlitz, Germany WIP

We are screaming towards a beta/initial release. No promises but it's possible that we may have a releasable version by the weekend. In the mean time here are some WIP screens of a rail line that runs along the northern edge of the map and the hamlet of Törwe.

Highres Imgur Album

qSIuv.jpg

WIP road underpass

qp5zp.jpg

WIP road underpass, another look

9OVbn.jpg

rail berm

zxYg0.jpg

Törwe house near pond

Y4p6u.jpg

Center of Törwe

0Yf7k.jpg

View from a house in Törwe

@Mondkalb how do you get umlauts to show up on the map from the cfgnames?

Edited by Falcon_565

That under pass area looks sweet. Nice work.

Looks like a new (and better) Schmalfelden.

I missed this island since A2 was released. I'm looking forward to the release! :)

Was trying to think of what that underpass reminded me of, and now I looked at it again I see a version of the underpass from Normandy in Band Of Brothers haha.

Nice screens, but the ground grass texture looks very blue. Howabout reducing the cyan in the colouration in PS?

This is looking very good indeed..:)

@[TCB]-Psycho-; you can actually still play ‘Schmalfelden’ in a2 (caa1), I was driving around there recently, obviously there are quite a few bits missing i.e. ground clutter etc, but its still playable or just worth a look for nostalgic reasons with the new units from a2, was and still is a good terrain..

Nice screens, but the ground grass texture looks very blue. Howabout reducing the cyan in the colouration in PS?

At this point we have been focusing on the detail and terrain corrections more than colors/replacement objects.

Nearly all edits this last week have been on object placement/additions/terrain fixes for the railroad and road clutter.

I am working on a new video to compare to Lancer's original drive through. Many of the edits in place have been fixed since I created this last video update.

And I feel that I cheated by changing the weather to hide the "blue-tint" to the grass/attribute mask.

The colors/underlying textures are an issue we still need to address, along with how some of the grass objects we are using, look at distances (greens turn super dark at their top) or nearly all too green/blue colors.

Edited by Impulse9

Release is almost here! But before this is available for everyone I thought I'd tease everyone with a few last WIP screens. Bahnhof Weste sits in the northwest corner of the map composed on the train station and a small industrial complex this was the last hamlet that needed to be placed.

Here's the highres album.

biudp.jpg

Looking west from just south of Bahnhof Weste.

kWHFT.jpg

Bahnhof Weste looking north.

ahbH9.jpg

Bahnhof Weste looking south.

kH8aq.jpg

Small industrial complex next to Bahnhof Weste

wrwv4.jpg

Trying out this new field type in attempt to replicate asparagus fields. I think it turned out pretty nice.

a7yZY.jpg

Leopard 2A6 overwatching Hagen from the rail line.

Hi mate, I like this terrain very much.

Might be very helpful with CWR2 units and environment making some what if Cold War era misions.

Also with P85 Vilas' units.

Can't wait...

Realy cool terran and i thing i have idea for mission on this map...

Hey guys,

I know we were pushing for a release this weekend but unfortunately that didn't happen. Also the amount of time I'm able to give to the project is going to be less over the next week. However we do have a solid playable version of the island with just a few details left so we are very close. The main reason for not releasing is we want to keep a high motivation to get the terrain into the state that we expect for release. That being said expect this terrain within a few days!

Is this terrain connected in any way with old ArmA Schalfelden by Nucholas Bell ?

Is this terrain connected in any way with old ArmA Schalfelden by Nucholas Bell ?

No it is not but it is similar in the terrain that it models.

Quick update, we've run into a few config bugs that we want to clean up before we release so hang in there guys. But for your patience I'll take some screen shot requests, let me know what you want to see and I'll take some screens. Here are a few to hold people over:

Highres album

Ybrhi.jpg

Clear cut area

JnreQ.jpg

Looking west towards Bruchwedel

Hey guys,

We're still working on the island. The team has been busy over the last week and half with real life so final details are taking a while, however we're still very close although we decided to make a few changes that are going to take a while. Overall still expect a release soon. Here are a few more screens to hold everyone over. Also if you want to see anything in particular just ask!

Hires album

PS0gc.jpg

Am Berg Straße, Schwemlitz

0X2CR.jpg

Schwemlitz 'Minus' parking lot

Looking great! And that parking lot..don't think I have ever seen one like it in Arma yet heheh

Latest set of screens look great, this map is starting to look more and more authentic particularly when it comes to the general atmosphere.

Parking lot makes me want to go right in!

I've noticed that you use Mondkalb's buildings 3. That is a major showstopper for my map - these buildings don't have any ruins when you completely destroy it, neither visible damage. I'll ask Mondkalb if there is a way to add some ruins.