Sign in to follow this  
walker

Computer Code Discovered In Superstring Equations

Hi all

"Doubly-even self-dual linear binary error-correcting block code," first invented by Claude Shannon in the 1940's, has been discovered embedded WITHIN the equations of superstring theory!

bp4NkItgf0E

Ahh! The implications...

One of those moments where people ask you "Where were you when..?"

the-matrix.jpeg?w=900&h=675

Of course Superstring theory has not yet been proven in an experiment, it is just a very good predictor of how things work. And of course it could just be an artefact of the Equation math, say for instance one of the sub formulae has a Checksum built in to it, but I would think that would have been noticed.

Heck Checksums might be naturaly occuring!

Odd that these ones are the same as the ones we use in computers, or just innevitable.

Year of Discovery 2012. Wonder if that means anything?

God is a nerd!

Gods are a programing development house. More likely

God is an AI. Even more likely.

If the unverse is infinite then the most likely form of unverse we live in is a computer program, as in an infinite universe other computer universes constructed in the original universe would always be more infinite, infinty has degrees did you know that?

The universe is a computer program...

Plato's Allegory of the Cave?

Descarte's evil demon?

The Matix?

A computer game?

A great big experiment?

How the unverses/multiverses create them selves?

The moment of realization of self?

What is the answer to life the Universe and everything?

Are we all supposed to now stand up and shout 42! ?

Still its pretty.

But I am british so:

Scan-of-original-poster-1939-300px.jpg

Enjoy the scenery, and the sunsets :) .

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi all

bp4NkItgf0E

Ahh! The implications...

One of those moments where people ask you "Where were you when..?"

http://boscosgrindhouse.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/the-matrix.jpeg?w=900&h=675

Of course Superstring theory has not yet been proven in an experiment, it is just a very good predictor of how things work. And of course it could just be an artefact of the Equation math, say for instance one of the sub formulae has a Checksum built in to it, but I would think that would have been noticed.

Heck Checksums might be naturaly occuring!

Odd that these ones are the same as the ones we use in computers, or just innevitable.

God is a nerd!

If the unverse is infinite then the most likely form of unverse we live in is a computer program, as in an infinite universe other computer universes constructed in the original universe would always be more infinite, infinty has degrees did you know that?

Plato's Allegory of the Cave?

Descarte's evil demon?

The Matix?

A computer game?

A great big experiment?

How the unverses/multiverses create them selves?

The moment of realization of self?

What is the answer to life the Universe and everything?

Are we all supposed to now stand up and shout 42! ?

Still its pretty.

But I am british so:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3b/Scan-of-original-poster-1939-300px.jpg

Enjoy the scenery, and the sunsets :) .

Kind Regards walker

Fun concept, however I think it´s not really saying anything. String theory is a neat Idea, but even the string theorists themselves can´t decide on what part of their Ideas are correct and which aren´t: mostly due to the fact that nobody has ever proven anything trough experiment and observation to the point where string theory was even established as a valid and functional astrophysical field. Right now, that´s all it is: tons of equations, and lots of scientists who don´t have a clue where they´re going.

string_theory.png

This about summarizes string theory up to this point.

That said, what actually is wonderful is that the whole tying together between quantum physics and newtonian mechanics has now begun, with the discovery of the higgs-boson like particle at CERN. That will have implications for everyone, sooner or later, probably in the realm of quantum computing first and foremost. Exciting stuff :>

I find this very interesting...

A long time ago i smoked some crazy spice stuff and realized that we were living in a simulator. Under the influence i had some really intense synchronicity going on that i can´t deny today.

The closer i got to the conclusion that it was true, that i was in a simulation, everything started to loop in a terrible way.

The only way to make it stop was to convince myself that it was not true. I felt like the guy in the movie PI...

:lecture:

I find this very interesting...

A long time ago i smoked some crazy spice stuff and realized that we were living in a simulator. Under the influence i had some really intense synchronicity going on that i can´t deny today.

The closer i got to the conclusion that it was true, that i was in a simulation, everything started to loop in a terrible way.

The only way to make it stop was to convince myself that it was not true. I felt like the guy in the movie PI...

:lecture:

Don't tell me you trepanned yourself. :p

Well of course i did, i had to take out some transistors in my head that calculated everything to accurate...

:don5:

To sum up Walker's post, we're all characters in an alien version of The Sims.

So would that mean Hitler was controlled by a rampaging 12 year old who liked to blow stuff up? Everything makes sense now!

-Edit-

We're all concerned about machines rising up against us and wiping us out, when in reality WE are the machines. ;)

A programmer at work and I were investigating this claim and it looks like "doubly-even self-dual linear binary error-correcting block code" is a set of mathematical concepts that are applied, among other things, to high energy particle physics. It looks like Claude Shannon took these and used them to advance information technology. It looks simply like these are mathematical constructs that are applied in a number of different fields. Another important thing to note is that string theory is a man made concept, as is "doubly-even self-dual linear binary error-correcting block code". I think that finding man made concepts within other man made concepts is not unheard of. Man is a pattern seeking organism and the things we create are often highly patterned. Is it a vase or two faces, or just a symmetrical ink blot? I think that viewing this as an indication that we are living in a simulation is like finding proof of extraterrestrial life in the the dimensions of the pyramids. It's fun to briefly consider, but requires too much license to relate these two things- and anyone who actually truly believes this is 100% without a doubt genuinely insane.

Actually the "we are living in a simulation" thing was a theory thought up by a scientist for shits and giggles. He never really said that we are living in one either, just that it's not impossible.

God is a nerd!

Yeah man, bring it on, it makes more sense than some guy in the clouds on a throne with a white beard... look at the billions that believe in that bullshit concept or variations off... or maybe they are programmed to bahaha.

Hitler would have been a hard drive cleaner! and someone failed at female path finding!

Yeah man, bring it on, it makes more sense than some guy in the clouds on a throne with a white beard... look at the billions that believe in that bullshit concept or variations off... or maybe they are programmed to bahaha.

Hitler would have been a hard drive cleaner! and someone failed at female path finding!

Not funny...

God is a nerd!

Funny how god comes into it when its moulded into a new age framework, but mention god in a standard context and everyones somehow got an issue. Me thinks you have been moulded to the New Age perfectly, chasing your intellectual tail observing man observing himself into a paradox of what if statements imploding into conundrum duck taped to an enigma stuck on the outer hinge of a donkeys gusset crust.

Well, something like that.

This area of theory science and math reminds me of the comedy sketch of a man walking off one side of the screen and walking back in from the other side, just exchange that with a microscope zooming in, you zoom in and in and in and then slowly realise your looking at microscopic skin layers from the back of your own head.

Edited by mrcash2009

ok, ill stop laughing... :sulk:

I'd say it crosses the line twice. That's not 4chan, something that offensive can't really be serious.

This area of theory science and math reminds me of the comedy sketch of a man walking off one side of the screen and walking back in from the other side, just exchange that with a microscope zooming in, you zoom in and in and in and then slowly realise your looking at microscopic skin layers from the back of your own head.

In unexplored, extremely high energy/small scale physics, there's a very thin line between physics and metaphysics. Those theories are so abstract that they're impossible to test with the current technology, or in some cases, even impossible to express with current mathematics (a problem that a related, more refined M-theory, as well as Strings theory had both ran into). Personally, I think M-theory is a good candidate, but until we can find a way to test it, it's only slightly less abstract than purely mathematical theories.

ok, ill stop laughing... :sulk:

And just to make sure...

+1 warning for bigotry.

Please do not post bigoted comments on this forum. Thank you.

§1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry

Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic comments (or any other type of bigotry), personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the forum or through PM's. If you receive a PM that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate.

Flame-baiting is also not tolerated; flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response. Mocking/teasing/ridiculing someone or the point someone wants to make is also flamebaiting. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles, messages posted in social groups, as well as quoting someone against their wishes in your signature to belittle/tease/mock them. If someone asks you to remove something they posted on the forum from your signature you must remove it. Common sense tells you that posting someone's PMs without permission is also flamebaiting and will be punished.