Sign in to follow this  
KR303

Sound glitches and the rest?

Does anyone else have sound glitches whilst playing? It doesn't happen all the time and only seems to happen when i am travelling across open land etc, not among base's for some strange reason?

Also, why is the sound in general so poor? It seems to come out of the right side more than the left and the sound levels are really poor? Poor options to adjust voice from sfx etc No 5.1!!!!

Come on devs, this should be sorted already!

Apart from that i love the game!! Thanks!

Bump.

Surely i'm not the only one with sound glitches? Can someone confirm that it isn't just me, because i don't have sound issues with anything else?

Hi KR303,

Just to clarify, what do you mean by sound glitches? Is this crackling, popping or sounds failing to play etc?

Hi KR303,

Just to clarify, what do you mean by sound glitches? Is this crackling, popping or sounds failing to play etc?

Hi, thanks for replying.

I'm just getting constant small audible clicks such as when the engines of the walrus switch off and other things. It's as if all the sound files have not been cleaned up at the ends and there is an audible spike/pop/click etc that is played when a sound finishes.

During more intense sequences they can't be heard as much due to the other more louder noises but i can still hear them and there are many also!

Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

As for it coming out of the right side more, that was a loose connection on my side.

Hmm, just tested and this does not occur for me. I am unsure whether this is a software or hardware issue. If I may kindly ask, record (using fraps perhaps?) some ingame sound (disable video) and send it my way, that will confirm whether it is a software issue. If this is not possible then there are a number of other things to try, such as listening to the sounds on headphones and seeing if the issue is still there, or tuning down the volume on the hardwre, but raise it in windows and carrier command, or vice-versa.

Could also see what KHz the output is playing sounds on your sound card... turning mine down from 192KHz default to 44KHz (more reasonable) resolved a lot of game issues for me....

Edited by Reignhardt
Changed to 44KHz as this is correct

I have been using headphones, 5.1 Roccat Kave. I've tried adjust in game level and main levels and no luck. Changed my settings in the sound card from 24bit, 48Khz dowm to 16, 44.

I have never had any issues with my sound in other games or the headphones for that matter. I tried re-install the audio drivers also and even fresh install of the game, still no luck.

@Dram... i have recorded some audio for you, just uploading to youtube now

@Reignhardt... what sort of issues were you experiencing?

Edited by KR303

Popping, clicking and sometimes (Skyrim) very very quiet sound... Most games dont use 24 bit or higher than 44KHz recorded sounds anyway, so that means your sound card is up-scaling them?

Here's the link to a short video i made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDHxIHgeNlk&feature=youtu.be

It sounds terrible when i just move the walrus like this. In full flow its not as noticeable but still annoying really :)

At the end when the walrus engine switches off, the click you hear happens every time! Also when switching from map to vehicle and back.

Thanks

Just watched the video then specifically listened to the sounds in the game on my end. Yeah you are right, the issue is there. It appears it rapidly cuts off the sound and in other places rapidly starts playing them. This is unfortunately not due to the sound sample itself, so it must mean the problem is in the code playing the sample. Please report it to the tracker.

This is just regarding the walrus, however, haven't seen it elsewhere.

Where or how do i get to the Tracker? Can't seem to find it.

Wow, I hardly even consider that a glitch. My game sounds similar, but really, I think that's pretty decent sound.

Is there an official bug tracker for this game's release version?