Sign in to follow this  
rivo

Multiple Endings?

Ok I just finished the game with the really long final fight. I get tand ending that is umm... not what i expected. Tell me I did something wrong and there are multiple endings.

What do you mean by: 'not what I expected'? I don't think there is multiple endings.

What do you mean by: 'not what I expected'? I don't think there is multiple endings.

I think there are multiple endings in the story driven campaign (well, in a sense there are multiple endings also in the strategy game mode :)

SPOILER ALLERT

Chin escaped, Aurora died, Chin captures the carrier, Mik is prisoner, and the crew is dead. OH and the APA wins.

OK I did it again. I'm not done yet but I did get something new. Before when I was dogfighting, I never got a message about the shield and it NEVER went down. This time she said something right off the bat and then it went down like normal. it was easier and MUCh shorter since i could actually hurt him.

Yes, there are two endings:

The Bad:

Shin gets away in the manta, gets into a sub and then captures your Carrier, killing your crew and eventually you (Myrik).

The Good:

You shoot down his manta, follow his walrus, chase him on foot to the dock, where you kill him, but he also manages to kill Aurora in the process.

I got a question to Dram here

I'll pu it up with spoiler tags so as to not ruin the fun for others

How come I get the bad ending no matter what I do?

No matter how hard I try I can barely manage to shoot him down, but I still lose.

I can shoot him down, only to have the cutscene where where I case him down the docs and he escapes come a few seconds later.

I see nothing to any walrus I can chase down.

And the way he flies makes it impossible to follow him sometimes.

Hes making hairpin turns at breakneck speeds which I cannot make, no matter what speeds I have.

I feel as if I'm trying to chase down a jetfighter with a jumbojet, when he makes those turns.

Not to mention his million allies who will shoot at me and kill me in short order if I dont take them out first.

Is the good ending supposed to be near impossible to attain?

If I focus solely on Shin, I end up getting shot down by the millions of allies he has, both ground and air assets.

If I try to take out some of his allies I cant kill him in time.

So what am I supposed to do?

Hi Bansheedragon,

You need to shoot him down completely prior to him reaching the docks or you will get the bad ending. It is a difficult mission (it is the last), so I would recommend turning autoaim on (for help), and staying somewhat above him, staying away from the boms he releases out of the back, those are most dangerous. If you keep within the 300m range where you can shoot at him, but not directly behind him, you should be able to get in enough shots while not getting shot down.

If you are taking too much fire, stay out of fire for a little while and let the manta repair itself (when not under fire, it will repair itself, this only applies to that specific manta of course).

As for his flying, that is actually recorded by myself flying that manta, so it isn't cheating or anything. :)

Hope that helps.

You are pretty much describing exactly what I already did.

I was in position as you say, and I did use autoaim.

I also noticed the regeneration, which I found very nice.

I also did manage to shoot him down just around that high bridge he flies under, and still I got the bad ending.

So what did I do wrong here?

You are pretty much describing exactly what I already did.

I was in position as you say, and I did use autoaim.

I also noticed the regeneration, which I found very nice.

I also did manage to shoot him down just around that high bridge he flies under, and still I got the bad ending.

So what did I do wrong here?

Just to clarify, this is the good ending:

Myrik catches Shin at the docks, and he and Aurora kill him, but Aurora dies in the process.

And this is the bad:

Myrik is running towards the dock, screaming "Shin!" but Shin jumps into a submarine and gets away. He kills Aurora at a distance and appears in a hologram to Myrik, taunting him.

If you shot him down before he flew under and then over the bridge, making a turn to the dock, then you should get the good ending. If he manages to fly above the dock then you get the bad. Sorry to go through it in detail, just need to know if there is a bug or not.

Just to clarify, this is the good ending:

Myrik catches Shin at the docks, and he and Aurora kill him, but Aurora dies in the process.

And this is the bad:

Myrik is running towards the dock, screaming "Shin!" but Shin jumps into a submarine and gets away. He kills Aurora at a distance and appears in a hologram to Myrik, taunting him.

If you shot him down before he flew under and then over the bridge, making a turn to the dock, then you should get the good ending. If he manages to fly above the dock then you get the bad. Sorry to go through it in detail, just need to know if there is a bug or not.

I did not get him before he flew under the bridge.

He managed to get under and flew up and around before I managed to blow him up.

The way you describe it, it sounds to me like I was just seconds too late.

If it helps determine if there is a bug then I certainly dont mind the details besides, it gives me the ability to determine if I could have done things differently as well.

Edited by Bansheedragon

Well Dram, I'm kinda hating you right now. Just a little bit. :P

I can drop shin's shield fairly often, but I can't get in enough shots to actually shoot him down. Anyone has any suggestions that can keep me from ending in abject defeat yet again?

Cheers

Well Dram, I'm kinda hating you right now. Just a little bit. :P

I can drop shin's shield fairly often, but I can't get in enough shots to actually shoot him down. Anyone has any suggestions that can keep me from ending in abject defeat yet again?

Cheers

I have had the same problem.

I can get his shield down, but because of the way he moves I often lose aim, and by the time I get my aim back his shield will be back up.

This is a loss of valuable time.

Has anyone been able to kill the walrus in the chase?

Walrus?

I havent even been able to shoot down his manta.

Ok, Was haveing extreme trouble pulling this off (influx of new players due to Humble Bundle) I can now do it rather easily, so I'll share how I went from "oh god!" to "this is a snap".

Shooting down the manta is nearly impossable without auto-aim. Seems this is one of the few games where you DO want that turned on.

Stay in standard optimal attack position: Above and behind. Not too close! You should not be getting hit by his attacks, only his allies.

You GENERALY ignore the additional enemies, but I pick off several as they get close to my line of fire. Stay on the main target for the most part, expecialy if his shield just went down.

That cannon can be fired almost non-stop. so I lay on that trigger pritty hard. I only give it the occasional brief second to cool as that is plenty.

You probably know his flight path by now, so you know where the hard turns are.

If his manuvers are a problem: You are probably too close and/or too low. Back off abit and stay well above your target.

If you are dieing to his attacks: You are WAY to close, and too low. Rethink your flight plan.

If you are dieing to his allies: That cannon can drop them in molments, feel free to strafe your crosshairs their way afew times. Right after his shield re-up is a great time.

Again: Turn on auto-aim!

I turned myself invinsable and ran my manta right up his backside (with autoaim off), he STILL managed to excape with 4% hull left. If he is excapeing your view area, you are doing something wrong.

Good luck Lt.