Sign in to follow this  
Hitwood

Campaign - Thermopylae

Hi everybody,

i really got stucked in the campaign mission where you need to capture all sectors by yourself (walrus).

After I completed the last objective (secured CC sector), a cutscene appears with the sick Captain Aurora.

After it the strategic map is been displayed but without any buttons, can move the map zoom in and out, that´s it.

Can anybody help ?

Hitwood

That is very strange, there is meant to be a cutscene, but it should load another level at that point.

Can you please tell me what happened in the cutscene, and how you reached thermopylae? Also, after capturing the CC sector, did you drive up to the Research Center?

i am having the same issue. Captured the first 6 sectors and was doing the CC sector when the mission ended with a repeat of the cut scene of Auroa after you first find her. I reloaded and tried to go to the research centre first but although you get get the gate open you cant operate the button that opens the lifts.

I am having the same issue. I guess I cant complete the campaign now that its got stuck. That sucks!

Another buggy BIS game :(

I got to the island from Island Obsidian

I got the Sick Aurora cutscene a couple of times in my campaign, at various points in time (repeatedly in the same campaign, too)

Yeah i have seen it a few times now, even after the cut-scene where Merik tells her that he was held captive.

How do I disable the shields from the command center during "the assault on Thermopylae" in the campaign???

Ok so I replayed it from Island Obsidian. I have already disabled one volcano power plant.

I captured Obsidian, and then couldn't drop the canister into the volcano because the Sick Aurora cutscene played and when I got control again, it had disappeared.

Reload

-Went straight for the canister this time and completed the objective.

- Captured the island

- Sick Aurora cutscene played again.....

Set sail for Thermopylae

Play the mission and got to the very last base, destroyed the defences... Merik went to say something ...Then the sick Aurora cutscene played again.....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Its a real shame because It was an amazing game and I was really enjoying myself before this happened.

Edited by SteQ

I cant say I ever saw this cutscene during that assault.

I captured all sectors and then I saw a cutscene of a carrier with mantas flying out to attack.

After that I just drove up to the research center, I went in and a cutscene showing me getting the software for the torpedo.

How do I disable the shields from the command center during "the assault on Thermopylae" in the campaign???

You have to clear the area of enemies, including turrets, once you do that it should come down by itself if I remember right.

You have to clear the area of enemies, including turrets, once you do that it should come down by itself if I remember right.

destroyed everything in and around the base and the shield is still up ??? :( :(

Sounds like you are missing something, but not sure what that could be

Dont remember right now how I did it, and with the 1.2 update my old savegames are incompatible with the new version of the game.

I'm playing through the campaign again, but will take some time.

The shield should go down once you capture the sector if I'm not mistaken.

destroyed everything in and around the base and the shield is still up ??? :( :(

You need to clear sector by sector, the waypoint shows you which sector to clear. Once in the CC sector, you need to clear it as well. When you take that sector, then the shield gets disabled, where you then need to head for the research center.

As for the geo power plant coolant not appearing, I'll report this to our local tracker for retest. I'm hoping it is not a bug and something was just missed.

I cant say I ever saw this cutscene during that assault.

I captured all sectors and then I saw a cutscene of a carrier with mantas flying out to attack.

After that I just drove up to the research center, I went in and a cutscene showing me getting the software for the torpedo.

I just did that part, and it happened exactly as you described. Maybe he ran out of time or something?

I have the same problem. I visit the areas it shows in turn, until I get to the CC area. If I destroy stuff around there long enough (the shield is still up), it says I've taken that area. Myrik starts to say something to Essi about proceeding to the research center, but this is cut off by the cutscene of him and Aurora. After that finishes, I'm stuck in the map, one of the characters says we've conquered a new island or whatever, and I can't do anything other than move the carrier. I don't think I've seen that cutscene before.

If I ignore the objective marker for the CC, and go straight for the research center instead, I get an objective appearing there for "Reach research center" on the control panel, but can't do anything there, either in a walrus or on foot.

I also had problems with the objective marker not appearing for the coolant containers, but not always.

Edit: To see what happened, I just waited, and the right things seemed to happen when the time ran out. A question though, do you need to have found Aurora before you do the Thermopylae mission? Perhaps the strange things with her sequences could be related to when you find her?

Edited by Mooo

Aurora is supposed to be with you yes, as she features in the final battle.

I just did the whole mission again, starting from a save on another island. Same thing happened :(

As I don't think it could be something I've managed to accidentally do badly twice during the mission, could it maybe be something to do with which islands the enemy has captured? Which islands you have captured? The position of the enemy carrier?

Here's how to make it. You go, secure area 1 through 6. When you reach the sixth (the one with the shielded command center, you first take out the walruss facility and the manta facility. You reach them climbing the hill outside the fortress on the left side, with the HEAT weapon. Be sure your automatic friends are behind you and clean up everything. When you completed to kill the manta hangar, drive in direction of the fortress entry with the reasearch lab at your back and shoot there a little bit until it is all clear to enter the fortress. (The shield should still be up, though)

Then leave the vehicle and go in direction of the reasearch lab and wait. The automatics, will hack the Command Center and you will have won some time. Then climb on one of the walrusses again and drive to the research lab, enter it and then you have the passcode to enter the lift.

Cutscene (awesome)

Then you get some dogfighting. That's where I am stuck.... LOL

Hmm.. Is that a way to make it work when it's buggy, by somehow avoiding capturing the CC area?

Or is it just a strategy for doing the mission when there isn't any bug?

Edited by Mooo

Hmm.. Is that a way to make it work when it's buggy, by somehow avoiding capturing the CC area?

Or is it just a strategy for doing the mission when there isn't any bug?

I wouldn't say that the game is without bugs... every time the game switches to cutscenes the load of the videodata, crashes the game. No you cannot avoid the cc area, just stay clear of the inside of the fortress, the enemy can hide in the shield and fire without you can get them. Therefore you have to level the outside of the command center under the shield. The automatics are 4 walrusses, plasma walruss, laser walruss, HEAT walruss, quad gun walruss, and repair walruss. I used the HEAT walruss. The rest take care of everyone against you, including the hacking of the command center. When that is done, you can use a walruss to climb the hill to the research lab.

If you've read the whole thread, you'll see that there is a bug of some kind when capturing the CC area. Actually capturing it isn't a problem, it's what happens when we do that is.

If you've read the whole thread, you'll see that there is a bug of some kind when capturing the CC area. Actually capturing it isn't a problem, it's what happens when we do that is.

Ah, ok. I have the version 1.2.0034. And the sick aurora cutscene comes before the conquering thermopylae, when exactly I do not remember anymore. But it plays only one time. Before to reach the island thermopylae, I used this sequence to disengage the barrier around the main island (thermopylae).

Excuse me if I do not remember the island names, but I mean the four which are of volcanic origin. 2 of these islands are reported from the carrier crew on approach with quote "powersupply turned off, lets not waste time..." , this 2 I conquered by killing the center and droping a walruss with a new center at the requested coordinates. The other 2 which are required to be conquered by hacking (one of the two is obsidian), I conquered without seeing something faulty.

The campaign on thermopylae, I did engaging turbo from 1 to 6, without waiting the others. Only to refuel at some point and rearming but always running at fast as possible from one point to the next, arriving at the end with say 15 minutes until Mao Shin with his carrier arrives. I quickly conquer the CC Area and that`s it. The island is friendly, the carrier cutscene I have seen but no aurora cutscene. Which is only logic. Then I climb the hill to the research lab and the next cutscene brings myrik uploading the software, than the cutscene with the attack against the carrier of Mao Shin and seeing Mao Shin leaving with his personal Manta the wreck in time. Than comes the cutscene with myrik which runs to the manta and than the dogfighting against Mao Shin. The last cutscene shows Aurora dying because Mao Shin had planted Nanoprobes in the body of Aurora and The End.

I suppose the last cutscene changes if I win the dogfighting, but after hours of trying I did not win this dogfighting. All this often interrupted by crashes of the engine of the game. I simply restart the game and restore the game where I saved it before.

I think I've worked out the cause... Looked at the scripts; when a lot of things happen seems to be determined by how many islands you own...

So, I load a save before the Thermopylae assault, go capture a random island, and oh look, the scene with Aurora. Go back to Thermopylae, do everything as before, capture all the areas, and guess what, when I capture the CC area, no cutscene, and everything works as intended!

So, if you're having this problem, try capturing one or more islands before doing the driving around Thermopylae.

The whole system seems pretty bad; from what I can tell it's based on the number of islands you own in total, not just the number of captures you have made, so if the enemy is taking them back at a similar rate or even faster than you're taking them, you'll either miss things altogether, have them appear at strange times, or maybe even have them appear more than once (I don't see any checks for whether such events have already been run before).