Sign in to follow this  
Shawnb03

Possible bug--Main carrier weapon changes from plasma to shell

So I installed the Shell cannon as my main carrier weapon. Didn't care for it much and tried to reinstall the plasma one. So after producing the plasma and moving it over to the carrier, it becomes the main weapon, but as soon as you time warp to a different location, it autos back to the shell weapon. Really annoying because I would like to use the plasma due to its firing straight and not at a angle. Please advise!! Thank you

If this problem persists, I would store the Shell Cannon at your stockpile location by transferring it from the Carrier. That way, the Plasma wont keep replacing itself.

Hope this helped!

- Joe.

I would love to, if I only knew how. I know I sound like a noob. Be any instructions would be great. The users manual is not very in depth on this game one bit!!

Ok there should be an island under your control that has like a house icon. You get three types: Mining, Production and Stronghold. Commonly it's a Production island so check those first; it should have a small icon that looks like a house with two windows. Once you have found it and have reached the anchor with a circle around it, you should be able to store items and withdraw without having to wait for the barque. :D

Yea, I understand that part, but I dont have the option to remove the gun from the carrier. Its like the carrier consumed it like a fuel container. Thats what I am having issues with. I thank you for the help.

Stupid question: Have you actually unequipped it? It may be unavailable since you kept saying it switches automatically. :)

No problem by the way.

When you equip the Plasma it should just override the shell and place it into the Carrier's cargo hold, which then you can move the Shell into your island's stockpile.

Seeing this bug too. If I dock at the supply hub, I can't unload any of the weapons mounted on the carrier. And if I mount a plasma cannon on the carrier in place of a shell cannon, all that happens is that I waste a plasma cannon. It disappears from the stockpile, but never appears on the carrier. Buggy bug is buggy.

You guys really need to implement for the carrier guns the same kind of weapon-switching system that the mantas and walruses have. It's super frustrating to engage the enemy carrier with a shell cannon mounted on your bow, only to have the gunnery AI constantly shoot shells into water with that stupid thing. The ship's gunnery AI can't hit the broadside of a barn at 10 meters with indirect fire.

Oh, and shooting the cannon manually is a real pain in the behind, too, because there's no leading indicators or CCIP or fire control solution of any kind for it! You basically have to guess where the shell will land. Well that's just retarded. It's supposed to be a naval artillery piece, not a freaking grenade launcher! There should be at least SOME kind of fire control for it or it's virtually useless!

This is confirmed by me also, when I replace the deck gun I get no old one back. Where is the carrier inventory anyway? in Supply or Equip?

I have ran into this issue as well. The shell cannon is nice for beach clearing but i didnt care for it much so i changed it and removed it from my carrier. I warped and next thing i know its back on the ship again...!!!!!