Sign in to follow this  
FetishFool

Need opinions on a car

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>2004 Dodge Viper GTS\R Concept</span>

01gtsrconcept.jpg

http://www.dodge-vipers.com/01gtsrconceptpics.html

Does this look like a hot car?

Is it just me, or is it really the most beautiful car that has ever existed?

I saw one of these on display the other day. And it absolutely blew my mind; I shouted "Holy shit! What the fuck is that!?!".

I asked the Dodge rep what model car it was. And he told me that it's only a concept car right now, and that it won't be released until late 2003.

And does anyone know the history of the Dodge V10 engine?

Is it really a truck engine?

I have to say I like the old Viper GTS Coupe more. That prototype is a bit too radical for me.

The engine really is based on a truck engine, Dodge Ram or something like that. Block´s made of a different material though. Aluminum instead of...umm...well, just cast iron I suppose.  And they´ve souped it up quite a bit I´d imagine.

All in all I´d say the Viper is one of the most testosterone-oozing cars ever made. If only I had the money...

I don't think the car has an engine yet.  It might even be a V8 instead of a V10.

But when I first saw the car.  The first thing that came to my mind was SIZE.  The car is a bohemeth.

The second thing I thought of was beauty.  The car is sexy as hell.

http://www.dodge-vipers.com/wallpaper/wallpaper30-800.html

Notice the size difference between the man and the car.

The car also runs on 19-inch front wheels and 20-inch rear wheels.

The wheels are wider than most men.

A V8? I´ll be a bit disappointed if they replace the current 8-litre truck-based V10. I mean the huge V10 is one of the things that make the Viper so uncompromised and interesting.

Anyway, the concept car looks better in the latter picture, the profile is just excellent. I´m not sure about the rear-wing though. The car might look even better, more sleek, without it, in my eyes anyway. I´ve never really liked those high rear-wings on any car.

In my opinion it's too muscular to be a sleeky sports car. Looks more like a modified Le Mans racer.

I'd take the sexy 360 Modena anyday.

ferrari_360_spider.jpg

I love it because it looks so muscular.

I also like the rear wing, but no one else seems to. confused.gif

The main reason why I love the viper is because of the V10, too.

man that car sure hugs the ground, hate to see what it the under carage would look like if you struck a bump goin 60 mph, or go over railroad tracks, that and i don't think you drive that leagaly on the road though, looky at the tires, they are much too thin. but that is a pretty cool car. just needs a different design on the large wheels and maybe loose the side exausts.

I personaly like the old viper better. I welcome the change to a V8. It can make all the power and torque of the V10 and sound a hell of a lot better. Has anyone actually heard the 10? it sounds just like somone blowing their nose or somthing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ June 30 2002,06:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I like it, but whats with the air intake on the roof?<span id='postcolor'>

air ventilation tounge.gif

The cars great,it gets my thumbs up biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Has anyone actually heard the 10? it sounds just like somone blowing their nose or somthing.<span id='postcolor'>

No, but I have heard a V12 screaming at 8,500 RPM.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">advocatexxx Posted on June 30 2002,07:51

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone actually heard the 10? it sounds just like somone blowing their nose or somthing.

No, but I have heard a V12 screaming at 8,500 RPM. <span id='postcolor'>

Have you ever heard a V8 exceeding 7 liters at any RPM?

Nope, but big blocks can't pull high RPMs as efficiently as smaller blocks.

Personally I prefer the high revving screams. Nothing better than shifting right under 9,000 RPM, you totally feel the rush.

Those low-pitch bass-filled big blocks sound like tractors and trucks. Totally not exciting.

That viper is impressive, but my fav is the McLaren F1.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">advocatexxx Posted on June 30 2002,12:37

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope, but big blocks can't pull high RPMs as efficiently as smaller blocks.

Personally I prefer the high revving screams. Nothing better than shifting right under 9,000 RPM, you totally feel the rush.

Those low-pitch bass-filled big blocks sound like tractors and trucks. Totally not exciting. <span id='postcolor'>

You have obviously never heard on then, or felt its power. Ever heard of "ground poundin"? No feeling on earth like your own rib cage rattiling to the engine revs.

heres my ride, and i only got 700 miles on these sexy bitches

m9160.jpg

biggrin.gif

actually ive got an audi like this but with a black exterior, and a tan interior, and different rims

exterior (click and drag on the picture in the top left)

interior (click and drag on the picture in the top left)

I never thought Vipers were beautiful really.

But this thing is affordable and available comparing to that Viper.

Just Yummie

gtr12.jpg

Nissan Skyline GT-R

gtr1.jpg

Only available as leftdrive so also only available in countries they drive on the left side of the road sad.gif

BTW why do they do that tounge.gif

I never thought Vipers were beautiful, either. But this 2004 Viper is absolutely gorgeous.

People recommended me to buy a Nissan Skyline. But I can't ever imagine myself driving anything japanese.

About the drive side: The only reason the British drive on the right side of the car is because they rode their carrages that way.

When they had to whip the horse, they used their right hand to use the whip. So they had to sit on the right side, otherwise they would hit the passengers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">About the drive side:  The only reason the British drive on the right side of the car is because they rode their carrages that way.

When they had to whip the horse, they used their right hand to use the whip.  So they had to sit on the right side, otherwise they would hit the passengers.<span id='postcolor'>

I believe they drove carrages that way in North America to and in most of Europe, but we all have left hand drive cars here.

I am//was under the impression that most of the world's population drives left hand drive, is this correct?