Sign in to follow this  
Songs

The mouse acceleration/deceleration is appalling...

Upon first installation I worked out that my FPS was stupidly low, so I lowered all the graphics settings and fixed that, then I wondered how the hell do I make my mouse back to normal, and realised the settings for the mouse are really bad... All other games I've played ever never mess around with mouse settings, they let the customized settings on the users computer direct them, so why not this?

The mouse moves annoyingly slow and is so inaccurate, it makes me just not want to play this game any more.

Other than the messy AI and insanely slow production time I think this is the most annoying point of the game, if anyone knows a way to fix it let me know!

There is a setting to increase or decrease the mouse sensitivity in the options menu.

I would agree that while on foot, it seems a little stiff and sluggish; like im still in a tank and not on foot. And I don't like that I can't look down at my feet, adding to the tank-ish feel.

But after a while I got used to it (kind of).

You may want to adjust your mouse settings in the game and see if that helps. (I had to turn mine way way down)

If you're referring to the mouse resolution it does nothing to the mouse only to controlling manta's/cannons/walruses/fps etc.

If you aren't then I'm unable to find the option you specified and would require more information !

There is a setting to increase or decrease the mouse sensitivity in the options menu.

There is that, but they're talking about another options which tries to detect if you're moving the mouse slow or fast and either add or subtract a certain amount of movement. There's currently no option to remove this setting (in short if you go to windows control panel and look at the mouse options, windows has the same option, which is one of the first things I disable when I install ;) )

I play on a low fps laptop too with most graphics settings turned down. I think I know what you mean about the mouse pointer but I think it might be dependent on the fps so if the game is running slow it's hard to quickly and accurately click on interface buttons? I can't compare it to a faster machine so I don't know for sure. I'm not sure if the sensitivity sliders affect the pointer but I doubt it, I turn them down anyway so my turns are a bit smoother with low fps.

I have found that lowering Postprocessing helps with the mouse lag a lot

It's still not perfect though. I'm curious as to how the engine acutally works though - looking at how the game affects my system - there's a lot of swapping that really shouldn't be there. Heaps of disk calls, lots of GPU - 800Mb Vram useage,, hardly any CPU, and around 1.6Gb RAM useage. Very confusing.

Yea it's not the sensitivity setting that's the problem, it's the acceleration. It's not too bad in the normal part of the game, but the FPS part is a nightmare with this setup. Say it takes 5 inches of mouse movement to turn and look behind you, if I want to turn and look behind me quickly, I would expect to have to move the mouse the same distance quickly. But try moving it the same distance quickly just now and you turn so fast you lose track of what way you are facing. Why anyone in their right mind would think acceleration is needed in this game boggles my mind, acceleration is for desktop pointer control, not FPS character direction control. PLEASE guys, remove this in the next patch, it is not needed, and as you can see is certainly not wanted.

The cause for mouse lag is "in the game", as I've outlined in http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140726-mouse-lag-amp-how-it-can-be-fixed-for-good-%28not-by-the-users-though%29

I've seen this exact same behavior in a couple of games already, mostly older or free ones like Freelancer or Privateer Gemini Gold. But even WoW has a switch for it.