Sign in to follow this  

Carriercommandaholic.com - it is here!

carriercommandaholic_header_4.png

Today we would like to announce the opening of our new website, www.carriercommandaholic.com.

On this new website we will be covering Carrier Command: Gaea mission which BI released friday.

A while back I pre-ordered the game and tried the first beta, I liked the game a lot so when it was announced the game would support modding I decided to go for it and make a new website dedicated to this new game.

It have been many weeeks of hard work to get this new website done. It uses the same CMS as we do here on Armaholic but the newest and most up to date version which comes with many new and improved features. In fact it is 100% better than what we use here. So building this new website will help us to be able to upgrade Armaholic to this new version as well, and that is good for everyone.

There are still some small things left to do. Some images are still missing as I am waiting for them to be finished and also the forums are not ready so they can not be used right now. I hope to finish them as soon as possible.

We invite anyone to come and take a look on the new website, even when you are not interested in Carrier Command: Gaea mission cause you can see the future of Armaholic.com there as well (the CMS and functions).

Please visit carriercommandaholic.com!

Edited by Guest

Thanks for sharing. The site looks great.

Congratulations Foxhound. Hopefully community sites such as this will encourage BI to release modding tools for CC:GM. I have nearly completed the campaign and I am convinced that beneath the surface there is a game that can be made brilliant with a little community 'input' - there is so much scope for modding in much the same way as with the 4X genre.

Good luck with completing the site!

Congratulations Foxhound. Hopefully community sites such as this will encourage BI to release modding tools for CC:GM. I have nearly completed the campaign and I am convinced that beneath the surface there is a game that can be made brilliant with a little community 'input' - there is so much scope for modding in much the same way as with the 4X genre.

I fully agree with you. I have only played the first 2 beta's (not even the full game yet) and there is a lot of potential and I like it a lot.

Building this website took me many, many weeks and the last 2 weeks I worked on it daily, non-stop. Doing that without knowing those tools will be released would be a bit stupid for me so I fully trust BI will live up to their promise.

And if not..........well I will be very disapointed for waisting hundreds of hours but at least I can use the site for Armaholic as well if I want (different theme of course).

Thanks for all your kind comments people, glad you like it. Its something really different than Armaholic so I was a bit nervous how people would find it :)

A patch... YAY! Nice work there guys! Will be installing that momentarily. Site looks great too :).

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Wait... There is no download is there? I can't find it! D:

Wait... There is no download is there? I can't find it! D:

The downloadlink is on the right side column, just above archives (which is the last one).

I did not want it at the page bottom anymore as that is where the comments are now :)

Great website Foxhound. I am excited to see some of the mods that come out for this game.

The downloadlink is on the right side column, just above archives (which is the last one).

I did not want it at the page bottom anymore as that is where the comments are now :)

Thank-you! Just installed it! It took five seconds to complete literally ^_^'

Now I see what's been keeping you off coop nights Foxhound! ;)

Good job, the site looks great!

Congrats Fox,

the design needs to get used but good to hear that CC:GM has now a community venue.

Today we would like to announce the opening of our new website, www.carriercommandaholic.com.

On this new website we will be covering Carrier Command: Gaea mission which BI released friday.

A while back I pre-ordered the game and tried the first beta, I liked the game a lot so when it was announced the game would support modding I decided to go for it and make a new website dedicated to this new game.

It have been many weeeks of hard work to get this new website done. It uses the same CMS as we do here on Armaholic but the newest and most up to date version which comes with many new and improved features. In fact it is 100% better than what we use here. So building this new website will help us to be able to upgrade Armaholic to this new version as well, and that is good for everyone.

There are still some small things left to do. Some images are still missing as I am waiting for them to be finished and also the forums are not ready so they can not be used right now. I hope to finish them as soon as possible.

We invite anyone to come and take a look on the new website, even when you are not interested in Carrier Command: Gaea mission cause you can see the future of Armaholic.com there as well (the CMS and functions).

Please visit carriercommandaholic.com!

Brilliant site Foxhound, thanks for putting that up. If you need any technical info for the site regarding CCGM, let me know. Probably best via PM so it is not lost in a thread.

Thanks Dram, that means a lot coming from one of the dev's :)

@I have been gathering all posts made by officials to try and keep track of what is confirmed to be modable in the future with the modding tools once released. I wrote a little news item about it which I will try to keep up to date with new info. In case you want to see the current list you can check it out here: Carriercommandaholic.com

This only contains what is posted in public by BI dev's about the modding tools so does not keep in account what can already be done with the community made modding tool CarrierTools!

I am also collecting more general info to build some nice informative section about the game and its aspects. When you have any tips or have some good information about the game feel free to sent it to my stockpile: info@carriercommandaholic.com :)

I will of course add credits properly!