Sign in to follow this  
moondrift47

Possible reason for enemy carrier not deploying units.....

I am in the strategy game mode and one of the islands was being attacked by the enemy carrier. I wasn't too concerned about that one as it was a defence island with Deadly rating. However, below this island (quite a way) was a neutral island Lingard. When I went there to send a walrus to set up command centre, low and behold, there are all of the enemy carriers units, all 4 mantas and all 4 walruses, not doing anything, just staying all in one big group in the middle of the water!!!! Now the enemy carrier had been attacking the other island for a while and I guess this is why he couldn't take it. Once I destroyed all of his units, the map told me he was attacking a different island now he has been attacking this one ever since and leaving me to take the rest...... no real challenge but island strengths better balanced now.

That's quite an odd concatenation. This has never happened to me before but maybe it could be pointed in the direction of the Developer's to maybe fix it...? At least you benefitted from it!

Yes, I will conquer rest of islands then go back to current ' under attack' and see if the enemy carrier is really there and if he has any units left.....

Yeah... I think it happened to me one time in the Beta but I thought that maybe they were neutral units or something. If the enemy carrier is leaving units behind it all the time then that would account for a lot.

Never happened in Beta 2. Odd.