Sign in to follow this  
nlwilmar

frontier mission help

when the mission start, you have to destroy the radar station. How do you do that, i have tried shooting at it with manta and walrusses all to no effect. What am i doing wrong? Does it has to be done with the ships guns or do i have to roam around the island to find the solution?

The way I did this was: Get all your Walruses near the radar (within about 20m) and shoot the 'arm' of the radar. You know where it bends upwards? Eventually it will begin to smoke, then set on fire, then eventually will blow up. Just make sure that there is nothing blocking the transmission between your Carrier and the Walruses. If you want that extra firepower, use any Mantas to your advantage.

TIP: Control ONE of the Walrus' manually and go to the reticle and select: 'Assist No.' then they will follow you and shoot at whatever you shoot at. Also, try changing the stances i.e. Defence and Aggressive stance.

Hope this helps!

- Joe.

when the mission start, you have to destroy the radar station. How do you do that, i have tried shooting at it with manta and walrusses all to no effect. What am i doing wrong? Does it has to be done with the ships guns or do i have to roam around the island to find the solution?

I just drove towards it and started shooting the hell out of the dish.. It took a while, but then started burning and from this moment it was just a few seconds until it exploded. I was aiming directly at the dish.

thanks for the replies it helped. i was at first shooting at the foot of the rader instead of the dish or arm

doesnt manta also use machinegun ??

In this Stage of the Campaign yes but the Manta has 2 MGs istead of one on the Walruss