Sign in to follow this  
pcbflare

!!! Ideas for improvement !!!

Hello, i would like to 'stockpile' ideas, things players like to have in game, what to fix and so on...

I was so happy that someone is finally doing a remake, because i loved original and even Hostile Waters (which is based on the original) - but so far i'm very disappointed.

Artificial imbecility, pathfinding is like there's a drunk guy with remote behind the whole thing, impossible to see what other units are doing (that was great in Hostile Waters - for example - you pushed six once and the camera preview in the up-right corner showed point of view of unit no.6 - when you pushed 6 for the second time, THEN it switched you TO the fullscreen unit control) - AFAIK in gaea mission you can't control one unit and watch another in small window. that would be useful, and can't be hard to implement.

I would also like to have option to select WHICH unit i want to assist me. Also would be great to have a possibility to set certain parameters - for example level of damage/ammo/fuel - when set value would be crossed, the unit would search nearest repair/rearm/refuel station. Also i'm missing the option to ABORT in the radial menu. Suspend is pretty much useless... Or, there should be both.

EDIT: since i played game for two days now, i can say that i'm starting to like it despite all those issues i've been bitching about. The lightning is nice, especially on islands with lots of trees. The game definitely feels like the original, and what i don't like i hope will be adressed in patches. I would like to know, whether the devs read not just bug reports, but also ideas from players. I know that it's not possible to fulfill every wish there is, but i'm seeing lots of the same requests... Anyway, keep piling ideas and to devs - I like that the idea to remake CC came from .CZ :-)

Edited by pcbflare
opinion change

“Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sureâ€

What the ....? Is there some kind of Aliens anniversary or what ? I'm getting this quote everywhere today...

I want to have a better queue in production - to be able to prioritize certain items... or at least not to have them automatically grouped.

- Manual timewarp functionality: nothing as irritating to have captured an island and having to wait for a supply barge to get some fuel to move on...

- Walrus AI needs 'a fixin.

- Able to queue a certain production process: for instance, 1 Walrus, 2 lasers, 2 armor, 1 Walrus etc.

- Prevent Grenade walrus's from firing at Manta's.

- Maybe balance Lasers vs. Everything? Currently, I don't see a point using anything other than lasers.

The first 2 are definitely the most important to me. I hate the amount of downtime from slow supply barges/production and having to teach my Walrus's to drive properly.

And @ OP: there's a day/night cycles and dynamic weather system in place. Not sure if it's parallel with the time in-game though. There were missions I started at day, turned into night, day again + sandstorm etc.

My top priority gameplay improvement would be the enemy carrier, it needs to survive a first encounter, right now it's too easy to destroy when you meet it. I also think it captures islands a bit too fast so I'd like to see that slowed down a little bit.

In strategy game I'd like to set the amount of islands not just who controls the majority if there's 32 islands I'd like to start a game with maybe just 10 for both of us to fight over to create a smaller map and a shorter game

I also want the AI to lead more (or at least lead at all) when shooting.. Watching two AI mantas with machine guns fight it out is really frustrating - it's obvious the AI does not take into consideration movement of the opponent when aiming...

Another thing i like to see - ability to add units to carrier which were left on island after taking over, also in the original, mantas were able to land and dock on islands and you could have 4 mantas dedicated to defend the island and 4 on carrier...

I would also like to have option to select WHICH unit i want to assist me.

If you CTRL+the number of the unit you would to assist, then it won't select all units in the radial menu.

Personally, target priority depending on the weapons system (grenades not fired at mantas etc...)

An icon or small bit of text above each unit on the hotbar detailing it's current action; e.g. Walrus 7 - ASSIST written somewhere

I don't know if this is possibly yet so this might be an unnecessary point, but the ability or a module to transform a walrus into a supply unit; ammo,fuel,repairs.

An icon or small bit of text above each unit on the hotbar detailing it's current action; e.g. Walrus 7 - ASSIST written somewhere

On the bottom row of Walrus / Manta status icons - units with a Program light up the P sign, units on ASSIST orders light up the number of the unit they are assisting, and a Stance icon X if they are on Offensive stance. I'd like to see these changed to match the appropriate icons on the radial menu though.

I am graudually liking this more and more. The pathfinding aside, and ignoring the bad bits of the campaign - it really is a blast to play. Fix the bugs, and it'll be really awesome :) Maybe around version 1.7 time and I think it'll just be awesome :)

I am graudually liking this more and more. The pathfinding aside, and ignoring the bad bits of the campaign - it really is a blast to play. Fix the bugs, and it'll be really awesome :) Maybe around version 1.7 time and I think it'll just be awesome :)

Hmmm ;) Seems like deleted games have some potential.

But I just can't.

Been waiting nearly a quarter of a century for a remake, this game has it's good points - and lots of them!

The downsides outweigh the good though. Sadly, am deleting until the next patch. Unplayable for me.

Sorry to say this BI - you really screwed this up. Wish you all the best for fixing things, I'll be interested to play again when the bugs are gone.

I did say I reinstalled after my ragefit ;) I'm determined to help get this game to work right - besides, Undo on a Ramdrive doesn't take very long ;)

One thing I would like to see is a cruise missile of some sort that can be launched from the carrier.

Something similar to the hammerhead you use on Fulcrum, only with a conventional warhead and not a nuke.

Hammerhead nuke be a one time use for the storyline, but have conventional cruise missiles that can be launched from the carrier after you used the hammerhead..

I would say the best addition would be either more carriers, or some other kind of ships to fight/command. I kind of think it would be rather awesome to get like, some kind of ship unit that you can control in the same way you control Walrus' and Mantas', customize in the same way, so that your carrier isn't a static unit sitting off the coast but actually has something significant to deal with. They could be smaller ships, or something like half the size of the carrier that you could decide to be like, Destroyers or mini-carriers. So you have to decide between throwing ordinance from far off, or more units to command.