Sign in to follow this  
pcbflare

Problems in Outpost mission (Search the base) + ideas on improvement..

Hello - i am playing the Outpost Island mission and right now i'm stuck. It's the north firewall situation. The whole area is locked down behind some wall/blue shield. I'm supposed to find door controls. There's a mission pointer in the middle of small base near the center of island, which says "Search the base" but none of the buildings are possible to interact with, and parking right on the pointer does also nothing. I tried to reload earlier save, but when i got to this point, i'm stuck again. I also tried to go down to the command center, blasted everything in sight, but still cant capture it.

I was so happy that someone is finally doing a remake, because i loved original and even Hostile Waters (which is based on the original) - but so far i'm very disappointed. Artificial imbecility, pathfinding is like there's a drunk guy with remote behind the whole thing, impossible to see what other units are doing (that was great in Hostile Waters - for example - you pushed six once and the camera preview in the up-right corner showed point of view of unit no.6 - when you pushed 6 for the second time, THEN it switched you TO the fullscreen unit control) - AFAIK in gaea mission you can't control one unit and watch another in small window. that would be useful, and can't be hard to implement. Also - i don't know details about the planet on which the story happens, but i would expect that dynamic weather system would include day/night changes. The game clock (not realtime clock) shows midnight and the sun is almost in the same position as in few missions before it, where it showed 16:00. I would also like to have option to select WHICH unit i want to assist me. Also would be great to have a possibility to set certain parameters - for example level of damage/ammo/fuel - when set value would be crossed, the unit would search nearest repair/rearm/refuel station. Also i'm missing the option to ABORT in the radial menu. Suspend is pretty much useless... Or, there should be both.

Since i cannot play further because i wanted to be done with campaign before i start strategy mode, i'm placing the game on hold for now... I welcome any tips related to my Outpost mission problem.

Edited by pcbflare
SOLVED

Aye the walrus path finding is plenty annoying.

The door controls should be on a building with a small antenna sticking up. There's a second one in the base to the east as well.

You have to look for the two door contols where you are told to.

Once you drive near them they reveal themselves.

My problems occured after hacking the Northern Firewall, namely that it won't let me progress, and it still tells me that I have to hack the Northern Firewall.

Was this game playtested?

Krasny: I also am still told to hack the northern firewall after I've done so, but I simply head to the south east firewall and hack that and then I can take over the command center.

Thanks - doing it for the sixth time helped... I don't know why didn't it work for the first 5 times i did it before even posting... I circled every building in the area, i even remember seeing those controls which then weren't interactive... But somehow 6th time's the charm obviously... Now i can look forward to the bug you and Quantum have for a change... I got a suspicion that playtesting was outsourced to southern sudan, and since sudanese employees needed those money, they just replied that everything is ok instead of reporting that none of them actually owns a computer...