Sign in to follow this  
Gazzareth

Walrus & Enemy Carrier AI

So far I have to say that, whilst I enjoy the game, the Walrus AI is broken far beyond any of the BETA versions we have seen. There seems to be no sort of terrain avoidance whatsoever, I have had to rescue Walruses stuck trying to drive through walls, under bridges (since they no longer seem to be able to navigate bridges), stuck on destroyed turret positions and stuck on slopes / trees. They even seem to have trouble locating / navigating beaches. In fact they are pretty much unusable, better to resort to AIR power and fly the Walrus in to finish the job - I didn't do that with the previous versions, but seems to be the only way now.

Also the enemy carrier still does not appear to give a damn about adding useful islands to his empire, and seems to attack random islands far beyond the logistical reach of his stockpile.

Not nearly as impressed as I hoped to be .. .. ..

G

I agree wholeheartedly.

I am still trying to make a movie with these two laptops - one running Beta 3, one running Release - to show the disparity between pathfinding. Only problem is - I am having trouble getting to the exact same island under similar conditions on both machines. That, and my iphone is full up :(

I'll work something out :)

Gazzareth is right. Walrus pathfinding is really broken. The game is awesome, but this is so annoying... And yes, I am using the patch...

And again ????? Using the STEAM version, going to try the BI store version and see if that makes any difference .....

G

Just it addition to my previus post in a dif. theard.

Don't know that you used steam, so okay this seems to be a really seriuos problem.... :( (Bad to hear)

Attacking Islands on your network is not necessarily bad as it can break the links in your supply lines and cripple your production. Just saying.

Attacking Islands on your network is not necessarily bad as it can break the links in your supply lines and cripple your production. Just saying.

If it did that would make sense, however - it didn't and couldn't where it was.

G

Well it would appear that either the enemy carrier is idiotic, or doesn't follow the same rules that you have to. Despite having a continuous chain of 15 islands, it's stockpile is an island isolated in the middle of mine. So how can it build anything or resupply?

G