Sign in to follow this  
tromac

Creating an object on a roof at particular coordinates

Hi all,

I've been searching for hours through the forums for a solution and finally decided it's time to ask for help. I want to create an ACE object, the VS-21 panel (classname ACE_VS21CPANEL) on a roof at coordinates 7408.17,11687.3,9.0871 and I just cannot find how to do that. Could anyone please assist?

Thanks

I created the script below for you to use on Takistan, put null = [] execVM "tromac.sqf" into a trigger, it'll put a marker over the panel so you know where it is, find the height of your roof then put it where the +2.67 is then plug your coord into the createvehicle line, (i didnt know what island your using.)

_this = createVehicle ["ACE_VS21CPANEL", [6777.2461, 8890.8096], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_mypanel = _this;

_this setPosAtL [(getPosAtL _this select 0), (getPosAtL _this select 1),(getPosAtL _this select 2)+2.67];

_panel = createmarker ["marker",_this];

"marker" setMarkerShape "icon";

"marker" setmarkertype "AntiAir";

"marker" setmarkercolor "colorred";

"marker" setmarkertext "yourpanel";

I created the script below for you to use on Takistan, put null = [] execVM "tromac.sqf" into a trigger, it'll put a marker over the panel so you know where it is, find the height of your roof then put it where the +2.67 is then plug your coord into the createvehicle line, (i didnt know what island your using.)

_this = createVehicle ["ACE_VS21CPANEL", [6777.2461, 8890.8096], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_mypanel = _this;

_this setPosAtL [(getPosAtL _this select 0), (getPosAtL _this select 1),(getPosAtL _this select 2)+2.67];

_panel = createmarker ["marker",_this];

"marker" setMarkerShape "icon";

"marker" setmarkertype "AntiAir";

"marker" setmarkercolor "colorred";

"marker" setmarkertext "yourpanel";

Thank you so much Aussie. I haven't tried this yet as I'm just checking the replies from the iPad, but shall test it first thing. The island I'm using is Reshmaan. Appreciate your answer.

Tested and works great. Aussie, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Quick question. Where would I define the direction of the object? Answered my own question :-) _this setDir 120;

Edited by tromac