Sign in to follow this  
Archosaurusrev

(Advice) Rendered Frames Ahead

Hello, I don't know if this is the appropriate section as this is not a problem, more of a fix.

In your Arma 2oa.cfg, set both "rendered frames ahead" to 0 and then go to the properties of the file, then set it to read only. (Right click, properties)

Set your CCC or Nvidia CP to use either 0 frames, or application controlled if you can.

If you're having high FPS like me (45 to 60) but horrible mouse lag and stutter when frames drop or rise, try this.

I have a damn MSi GTX 670 PE, I don't really have a need for frames ahead because personally, it makes the image refreshing "feel" slower, and gives me mouse lag.

Put both to 0 and bam, no mouse lag, ever, and the image refreshing feels a bit better.

going to game options and moving the mouse smoothing slider all the way left helps too.

I don't think CCC (or even RadeonPro) has a "rendered frames ahead" setting I can set.

I don't think CCC (or even RadeonPro) has a "rendered frames ahead" setting I can set.

That's where the Arma config settings come in handy, no?

ATI tray tools has. Forget CCC.

That's where the Arma config settings come in handy, no?

ATI tray tools has. Forget CCC.

Well he says to set it in both the Arma cfg and CCC. If it's only necessary to set it in the cfg I'll do that. I don't want to install yet another program (ATI Tray tools) just to tweak this ;)

Well he says to set it in both the Arma cfg and CCC. If it's only necessary to set it in the cfg I'll do that. I don't want to install yet another program (ATI Tray tools) just to tweak this ;)

Yes, config setting is sufficient. And btw it is only needed to set one setting, the other is read by the engine (info) once Arma starts; so no need to set the config to "read only".

If Tray Tools are installed you don't need CCC; I deinstalled it two years ago ...

Yes, config setting is sufficient. And btw it is only needed to set one setting, the other is read by the engine (info) once Arma starts; so no need to set the config to "read only".

If Tray Tools are installed you don't need CCC; I deinstalled it two years ago ...

OK, thanks. I'm not sure I could totally do without CCC as RadeonPro (and I imagine ATI-TT as well) don't allow setting the video playback options and I've found in the past (although I think it's fixed in a recent version) these have a habit of changing themselves, which might be a bug in CCC or something else. Seemed to happen more if I killed CCC though.

I have gpu max and gpu detect both at ‘0’, ccc I stopped updating at ‘12.1’, it was giving fantastic performance on that, didn’t want to risk loosing it..:D

going to game options and moving the mouse smoothing slider all the way left helps too.

I actually had to move it all the way to the right to stop major jittering. To be fair I haven't tried testing to see if I can turn it down or how much but I'd rather spend some time playing ;)

EDIT: I've just tried adjusting it and it seems to be OK on about half. As for the two settings in cfg, they're still on 0 after running the game, despite the file not being read-only. I'll keep an eye on it in case it changes in future though.

Edited by doveman

All the way left means no smoothing, smoothing introduces lag. No smoothing is more direct but it it's more jittery, to each his own I guess.

Trust me, you wouldn't be able to play on my system with it all the way left. When using the scope especially, it bounces all over the place when moving.