Sign in to follow this  
anton-korduan

Improvement of "Assist" for Walrusses

Hey there!

For me it's a little bit annoying that the "Assist"-Command forces ALL walrusses (also docked ones) to come by.

Last time Number 8 was docked (which I wantet to be) and the other three ones where busy, capturing the Island. Then I decided Walrus 6 to give the command "Assist" so that the other two may follow/help him. But then also Number 8 undocks (Repairs not finished for example) beginning his own travel through the half island...

Think it's much better that only undocked Walrusses (also Mantas - but there I don't remember that problem) recieve the "assist" command.

(Just an suggestion for the patch which will hopefully arrive soon...)

You can specify assists bu selecting a walrus on the map screen Pressing Shift and clicking the walrun Icon that you want it to assist.

You can specify assists bu selecting a walrus on the map screen Pressing Shift and clicking the walrun Icon that you want it to assist.

He means in FPS mode.

Excuse me my question. What means FPS mode ? And I would very like if mantas and walrusses would behave like wingmans or troop mates, providing firecover automatically. But until I have missed something, I can coordinate this actions in the map. Obviously, using the interface, I cannot participate at the fighting action. The "assist mode" is not known by me. I think I missing something. Do you can explain me please ?

Will the full version will be delivered with a manual ? Of course in PDF format.....

FPS = Frist person shooter (like when you are manually controling a unit)

RTS = Real time strategy (as in the map overview)

I like the suggestion in the frist post, because if I'm in the heat of it, I don't want to have to switch to RTS mode to just to give an order.

Yeah I think it should be press assist once and only undocked units come to assist, press again and all docked and undocked come to assist. If all units are docked then pressing once brings all docked anyaway as it is already.

Thanks tortuosit and tontow and CaptainHaplo and every one else. At the moment i could not download the full version. The link is there. I decided to wait a while for a retry. Maybe when the load on the server eases up, I can download the game.

...all docked and undocked come to assist. If all units are docked then pressing once brings all docked anyaway as it is already.

That's what the Emergency action in the radial menu is for.

He means in FPS mode.

In-game just press Ctrl + number of the walrus you want to assist your current controlled/selected walrus, press the spacebar, select assist and the choosen number will assist.

That is at least how I do it without having to go to the map screen. This way you can also select specific multiple vehicles to assist, but not all.