Sign in to follow this  
moondrift47

Difficulty dumbed down?

When I was playing beta 2 if you set the difficulty to hardest when you came to a defense island or most islands TBH the turrets would range from good to strong. Now It seems the turrets are weak to normal. This destroys the game as a challenge to me as it was so hard to complete against missile batteries and flak batteries and mantas with missiles, now everything just seems to be a variant on a machine gun or quad gun!!!!

Yeah I found the same and I wasn't sure if my units and their armour got stronger or if the island defences got weaker. I think he game got a bit too easier vs beta 2. They may have made island battles easier to compensate for the more aggressive enemy carrier so you can capture islands quicker and compete with it but I think it all needs to be balanced back to a sweet spot that is between beta2 and beta3. In beta2 it was a bit too easy to get shot down, in beta3 I can nearly wipe out an islands defences with just one manta. Same with enemy carrier, in beta2 it never did much, in beta3 it captures islands too fast.

I just came in at Beta3 but I agree with both points. Islands are a bit too easy and enemy carrier too quick.

I would like to spend more time capturing islands.

As suggested before there could perhaps be two or more ways of setting the difficulty. One slider for island defence and another for enemy carrier agressiveness.

Another idea would be to have the enemy carrier a bit adaptively adjust its 'island capture rate' to match that of the player.

Also, in the final game there are more islands than in beta. That might by itself change this balance with the enemy carrier.

Guess we'll know soon! :)