Sign in to follow this  
stephsen

game support ?

No, it's pounds sterling. That's about US$16 at the moment.

Ah ok, but $16 is much cheaper then what I paid, and I just bought IF Sunday, I should have waited!!

"Buy the game, it's cheap but there won't be any patch" ? Why promote a game if any futher patch releases aren't possible ?

I agree, what is the sense on making it so cheap especially since its only been out since May, I mean Arma2 was out

what 1-2 years before it was cheaper? I dont recall.

BUT, the best way to sell the game would be to allow patch release AND modding support.

Yes! Think about it if the game was at least where it was well currently not have the pumpkin or orange with the Russians soldiers,

as well as other problems it has Idk of any at the moment, and mods were in development or even released, the game would get more

attention, and more sales, people would be playing it.

You would think maybe AWar and whomever else involved already knows this, I dont doubt they do, but as far as it being seen

were all sitting in the dark waiting for someone official to to say something.

This is probably the worst part of this is knot knowing what exactly the situation is, and or no one official saying anything,

we all paid for this game I would like support please, its a given, folks are quitting left and right.

Someone at least respond, anything, any news, any word oif intention, even if we could at least get a sense of

perspective from the mod team themselves, surely they dont want the game to die especially after all the hard

work, game would be epic if all the BS or whatever is going on would get settled, but someone say something.

The mod team stated on the IF forums that it was out of their hands. I am pretty sure that they have absolutely no say in what happens next. Selling the game at half price does look a bit like 'sell as many as we can before it dies', but as I said before I am giving them the benefit of the doubt! It is still on sale at Steam, on the Deep Silver site and at BIS Store - I can only assume that they see a resolution otherwise it is not fair on those that buy it during this dispute (people like you Gunter!).

The other problem is that is if this is being resolved in court then both parties will not be at liberty to say anything - which is why we are seeing no official comments.

After reading all your statements, I won't buy this even if it's 15€.

After reading all your statements, I won't buy this even if it's 15€.

Sadly the correct choice for the time being..

Until they fix the issues at hand this game sums up in:

r0yXqU-w9U0

Selling at half of prices just means they wish to get rid as much stock as possible before the game dies definitely!

Well I wish they would have done it sooner, as I bought it at $29.99 which is still cheap, to me anyways, but on the other hand, i am supporting BIS so its a good thing then :)

overall I hope this gets worked out I really dont want to see this game die, but i definatley like to hear something from someone official in the mess,

theres got to be a resolution at some point in time.

Does anyone have any information to what is currently happening between BIS, AWAR, and Deep silver, i mean is there anything going on or

did Awar abandon the game and were all left with a game that needs to be patched?

Well I wish they would have done it sooner, as I bought it at $29.99 which is still cheap, to me anyways, but on the other hand, i am supporting BIS so its a good thing then :)

overall I hope this gets worked out I really dont want to see this game die, but i definatley like to hear something from someone official in the mess,

theres got to be a resolution at some point in time.

Does anyone have any information to what is currently happening between BIS, AWAR, and Deep silver, i mean is there anything going on or

did Awar abandon the game and were all left with a game that needs to be patched?

Nobody is allowed to say anything more about it except that its something about royalties and the game won't be patched until it is sorted, so your unlikely to hear anything more until the case is closed. (hopefully soon)

Ya makes sense, guess we'll have to wait it out, well I'm not going anywhere, as you said hopefully soon :pray:

It's ridiculous. They should do more straightly to tell if they would still like to develope this game.

Does it really need for months to decide who should pay the royalities and would still go on such discussions between them on the issue??!

Personally, I think their answer is NO!

It's ridiculous. They should do more straightly to tell if they would still like to develope this game.

Does it really need for months to decide who should pay the royalities and would still go on such discussions between them on the issue??!

Personally, I think their answer is NO!

You have obviously never been involved in a corporate legal case. I was involved in one that lasted nearly 5 years! That was all about around 1000 lines of code. Yes, it was more complex than that, but essentially that was the size of the disputed code.

Let us make the decision for them.

BIS gets the royalties they deserve because the game runs on their engine so it only makes sense, done.

Now patch the game, listen to community feedback, implement ideas for realism, add more content, make modding available, ect,. done.

Thank you very much for the support! and boy this new sound mod Im playing with for IF is awesome, makes me feel like Im in the actual war, hint hint, get my drift...

Wow, new tanks!, Better realistic explosion effects, amazing!!!!

Someone pinch me I think Im dreaming about getting support again :p

Let the game DEP see how The team of Invasion44 has been doing for their fans! It's a charged game but no party wants to communicate their customers and fans regularly and one party even refuses to pay royalities at the cost of ruining the game and abandoning their customers!

Let the game DEP see how The team of Invasion44 has been doing for their fans! It's a charged game but no party wants to communicate their customers and fans regularly and one party even refuses to pay royalities at the cost of ruining the game and abandoning their customers!

For sure next when i see on a game deep Sh..t logo for sure for sure for sure i'll don't buy it.... because players and customers are nothing for them....

Just posted on the IF forum :

Ok, guys, let's see. I don't know why and how, but suddenly the things solved out.

Patch will come (not sure when exactly, but as I know, soon).

But the most important is that the support of the game is enabled again, and the development of new parts of the game has started, the new theater of war that I mentioned before. AWAR is full at work now again, and we all hope for a successful result. The work on the new theater will not take a lot of time - results will be out very soon, it's lack of a few weeks.

P.S. - the bugs like pumpkin faces etc are fixed ages ago, as was mentioned before, and we hope the patch will get the green light soon.

So let's do the banana dance again : :yay:

Excellent news indeed. Looks like someone resolved the Mexican Stand-off somehow. I salute you whoever you are!

The best news. Very glad to see the game coming back and with new stuff. Despite the few bugs (which are probably gone soon), this game have been my favorite on this year. The only new game, that isnt forgotten after month or two.

Good. This is, no matter what people say, an exquisitely entertaining game. The fact the developers are still working on it says something about them.

Hello there

It is splendid news, but now I have to divide my time between IFL *and* I44, there's not enough hours in the day!

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

It is splendid news, but now I have to divide my time between IFL *and* I44, there's not enough hours in the day!

Rgds

LoK

I feel your pain. I just fired up Inv44 for the first time in ages.

they really have polished that mod up nicely. if I could only clone myself.

~S~

The fact the developers are still working on it says something about them.

Yes indeed, but the problem with the picture is there was no communication for a month, not saying anything and then all of a sudden surprise we have a patch,

is not very professional, not even BIS would do that, dont matter what the situation is, no word at all is as about as close to saying were not working

on the game anymore as after a while thats what alot of us believed, basically abandoned.

We need to get our hands on the mod tools before they decide to take another vacation, waiting around for someone to fix the game

and no word from them is not right, they owe us an explanation.

Günter - their hands may be tied. If this was a legal situation there would be non disclosure agreements during and also possibly after the legal dispute - this is very common. Back in my corporate days working in the City of London I was involved in a few of these and I can tell you from experience that saying anything about it under an NDA is not a very advisable thing to do! I very nearly lost my job for mentioning something in a conference call that I should not have - an experience I learned from!

Anyway it inspired me to switch my Dedi to IF for the evening and for my troubles I was owned completely in the Air Deathmatch. Whoever it was who continually shot me down I shake my fist at you - you rotter!

I know that a legal situation would have prevented them from saying anything, but now their back and well they havent said anything as to why they disappeared.

Anyways i made my final thoughts on IF forums, now just waiting for the latest IF Patch and upcoming theater like everyone else.

Jedra said it all. With that in mind, it was without alternatives for AWAR to keep more or less quiet, until the Dev/Publisher guys sorted themselves. Now they can get back on it, as well as reporting further plans, which they did already. New patch, more content....hopefully also opening up for outside modding, ...doesn´t sound all too bad ATM. :)

Agreed, the good news is something is coming of it and not only will we have a patch but also more content with time. This game has such potential!