Sign in to follow this  
Dajunka

What time can we download?

What time tomorrow will the none steam users be able to download the game? me excited. ;)

...wouldn't mind if the BI Store 'could happen' to release a little earlier to us beta-testers... :D

...wouldn't mind if the BI Store 'could happen' to release a little earlier to us beta-testers... :D

They should, they should. We the loyal testers deserve no less.

I know steam are always late with their downloads. They go by the vulcan clock of mysterious consequence.

They go by the vulcan clock of mysterious consequence.

Hehehe... :)

It's an annoying fact that the file is probably finished by now and sitting there on a server already. :)

Pleeeeaaasseeee... :P

Because it's on Steam, they may not be allowed to release early via their own website - depends on the distribution deal they have with Valve I guess.

Not to worry, one of those nice DEV people will pop along a tell us no doubt. :rolleyes:

Is there a sort of pre-release for non Steam customers?

If yes that's really great!

Well, official release date is 28th so thats 2 days away. I'd love to get my hands on it timorrow though. Really want to start playing the campaign. I likes a bit o story, I do. :D

Well, official release date is 28th so thats 2 days away. I'd love to get my hands on it timorrow though. Really want to start playing the campaign. I likes a bit o story, I do. :D

Yes, I have a sneaky suspicion that this may end up being my personal game of the year.

Honestly, I'm not too interested in the campaign. Because then it may be more interesting to play Arma SP campaigns, which I mostly have not played. I'm only interested in the Strategy game.

BUT THERE A LOT. I'll probably look into the BI Store every minute tomorrow... :)

No but just imagine, instead of only 9, we will get 300000 Islands to play with. ;)

I'd hazard a guess that Steam downloads and Xbox retail are available on 27th in Europe and America, but retail box / Xbox only becomes available in America from the 2nd October.

At least, thats how I look at things.

HOWEVER!!!! The OFFICIAL site says Europe gets it on Friday the 28th, North America gets its 2 October - which is Tuesday. Now why does Europe get it 5 days earlier???!!!

Because of the big pond in between?

Darn..... I had my hopes pinned on today. Now what am I suppose to do? I'm not going outside, it's scary out there.

Play DayZ and kill other players to compensate for your frustration ;)

Or go out and watch out for Walrusses (I've seen one yesterday!)

http://www.blogcdn.com/de.autoblog.com/media/2010/07/nissan-juke-033-1279361033.jpg

Steam says 1d 9hrs - Friday evening.

Also, theres a new interview up on Youtube. Well we all know the things they are talking about, but maybe what you see in the Production/Supplies screens may be of interest. I've seen weapons I didn't know yet. Howitzer?

He's a bit too optimistic about replayability I think. The main problem is the islands always being the same, you know where the sweet spots are, so that takes away a lot of replayability fun. But OTOH its weird to talk about replayability at a point where we haven't played the whole game at least once. So I think I will shut up now :D

Edited by tortuosit

Now that has gotten me more eager, I am going to wet my pants in a minute.