Sign in to follow this  
Marine Corps 1775

Chopper landing script

First of all, please excuse my terrible ArmA 2 editor skills. Now, lets move on.

Im trying to make a mission where a CH-53 drops off Marines at an LZ in Helmand Valley. Problem is, I need a script to get the chopper to land, wait 30 sec so Marines can disembark, and then take back off and RTB.

Thanks.

Well, i have a few ideas, not sure how that will work, but give it a try.

a) Place your Chopper and the Squad of Marines.

b) Add a Waypoint "Get In" for the Marines onto the Chopper.

c) Add a Waypoint for the Chopper some 200 meters in front of him ('move').

d) Syncronize (F4) the Get-In Waypoint with the Choppers Move-Waypoint

--> The Chopper will take off as the Marines got inside.

e) Place a 'Unload Cargo' Waypoint at the LZ. You might want to add a Helipad(Invisible)-Object from the Editor-objects, so the Heli will land exactly there and not only in the vast area.

--- Now we have two alternatives.

f1) Place a 'Disembark' Waypoint for the Marines, and a Move-Waypoint for the Chopper, syncronizing them both. That way, the Chopper should take off as soon as all Marines disembarked.

f2) Create a Radio trigger, switch activation to 'Radio Alpha', place a Move waypoint for the chopper, syncronize it with the trigger. This way, the Chopper should take off as soon as the Marines Squadleader pushes 0-0-1, (Communication -> radio -> Alpha)

g) Create another Unload Cargo Waypoint at the base for the chopper to land there.

- Try it out, if it doesn't work, tell me where you get stuck, i'll perhaps make an example mission lateron when i'm back home.