Sign in to follow this  
ninjie

1st person camera.

Here is what I hope to achieve.

Coop mission. Blufor, Opfor.

Mission starts and immediately cuts to a lone, non-playable AI player who is running away from a building. From the start, the camera is his viewpoint, 1st person. This Ai eventually gets to another building and hides. At this point, the camera cuts away, and the game begins for the players. The goal of the mission is to get to this friendly AI and rescue him.

So basically, how do I either

A. Use the editor to attach a 1st person camera to the nonplayable AI as he is running to the building we will eventually rescue him from.

Or.

B. Record this event myself with FRAPS or something, and use it as a media file to preclude the mission start?

I would be grateful for any suggestions or opinions.

Thank you in advance.

He'd actually want to use switchCamera for first person.

Here's a demo mission.

Script is started from init.sqf. As much as I loathe SQS every camera demo is in SQS so that's why this is, and I didn't bother to remove SQF remnants. :)

guycam.sqs:

_camera = "camera" camcreate [0,0,0]
_camera cameraeffect ["internal", "back"]

;comment "0:48:00";
_camera camPrepareTarget [56876.83,87542.00,-7707.79];
_camera camPreparePos [3187.50,3545.42,14.16];
_camera camPrepareFOV 0.700;
_camera camCommitPrepared 0
@camcommitted _camera

;comment "0:48:22";
_camera camPreparePos [3187.49,3545.42,2.07];
_camera camCommitPrepared 4
@camcommitted _camera

;comment "0:48:32";
_camera camPreparePos [3190.78,3550.57,2.13];
_camera camCommitPrepared 4
@camcommitted _camera

_camera cameraeffect ["terminate", "back"]
camdestroy _camera

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectEnable true;   
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [6];   
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 0;     
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [0.0];  
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 3;

guy switchCamera "INTERNAL"

goTime = true;
publicVariable "goTime";

Starts with a slow pan down to the back of a building where our AI is waiting. Then it pans through the wall to behind the AI. It then destroys the camera since we don't need it any, does a little dream sequence and switches to the AI's eyes. Then it sets a variable which releases the AI on his waypoints.

We watch in his eyes (or external) as he runs and looks around. He walks into another building and that triggers our camera to switch back to the player with a subtle fade in from black.

The main problem is that you can still move around while watching the AI, so might want to disable input or lock the player down somehow.

Kylania! You rock! This is what I am looking for! Thank you so much!

I need to make a few adjustments to it though. Is there anyway you and I could talk? Skype or I could invite you to our TS channel. I need just a few minutes of your time to pick your brain. I want to do exactly what I saw in the demo, but I want to move the AI's head so he is looking backwards as he runs forward. My goal is to have someone chasing him a few yards behind and the viewer seeing all of it through the ai's eyes. Please Inbox me if you are willing to assist. I will give you props in the mission as I do for all who help me with scripts =)

Best bet would be to catch me on Steam (lil icon to the left) I guess. Can't really do TeamSpeak since I'm at work. :) I think a doTarget might work, or maybe even just having someone else there. Making AI do specific things is often... difficult. :)