Sign in to follow this  
BobcatBob

Exciting new developments for the electeric car!

Electric vehicles will not work in my area unless they start giving them more horsepower or come out with electric pickup trucks. No one would be driving in the winter if they all had electric cars that couldn't get through 5 inches of snow.

That is old news really its only flashing atm. Why they haven't done this long ago while Tesla was alive? And this is not even the only "green" automobile. People developed in private cars which are powered by H20/HHO. Don't trust me? Look here ( sorry use google translate ). In short its called HHO generator. There are more examples of green tech related to this, but this one I find most amazing.

Edited by _MaSSive

I know technology wise it's not groundbraking by any means, and that the ability to do this kind of thing has been around for awhile, but the fact that it is actually HAPPENING NOW, after all these years is what I find so special.

I know technology wise it's not groundbraking by any means, and that the ability to do this kind of thing has been around for awhile, but the fact that it is actually HAPPENING NOW, after all these years is what I find so special.

I agree. I think what we've got coming up with Tesla is an Apple-style ability to repackage existing technology as something darn sexy. Electric car technology has been around pretty much since Victorian times, but...they didn't have the business sense and they weren't as badass as this!

It's a bit like stereoscopic 3D (but hopefully with much more future potential), which is a totally Victorian technology that was exploited and reinvented by Mr Cameron.

china found the solution for the battery charging issue a long time ago =P

East Europe has those too and very long time also. I think they are buying new ones atm from Ukraine.

PS: Guy is a bit nutty ;)

While I agree with "been done already", there is one factor you haven't considered, the largest auto-mobile consuming country in the world.

Mass production, mass consumerism.

Well, thats the aim.

I wish them all the best.

I'd love to own a Model-S

But we won't see its like in my country for a very long time.

H20/HHO ? That will be used for all the other energy demanding things like trucks, boats and even planes.

Oh, Elon's the CEO ?! That guy needs some elocution lessons. For a "historic moment" that wasn't very professional.

Put music, lasers and smoke together along with paying people to cheer in a dead crowd. People will believe anything. :p

The only reason those solar panels are producing more energy than the cars are using is because nobody is using them, obviously. LOL.

china found the solution for the battery charging issue a long time ago =P

Good, now put those things over all major highways and give electric cars those antennas. That will make them a lot more useful. :p

Good, now put those things over all major highways and give electric cars those antennas. That will make them a lot more useful. :p

Its quite possible to achieve that without any wires, but hey, who would profit out of oil and solar panels than? Free energy for all, that was the idea, but nobody liked it, especialy ones that were funding researches.

http://www.teslaradio.com/pages/wireless_102.htm

http://www.teslaradio.com/pages/tesla.htm

PS: Oh the irony they call this project Tesla now...heh

Edited by _MaSSive

lol actually those are part of their public transport, around ~50% of the buses in Shang Hai is electric like on the vid or hybrid. Those that cant afford cars use electric bicycles. Even the cops i saw are using those small electric cars and they have kiosks that run on solar all over the place.

Kinda makes me wonder which country is actually honest in implementing these green stuffs.....