Sign in to follow this  
syntax_error

Help I just bought TOH and My Menu Is Broken! (Pics)

hello i just purchased TOH on steam and installed it now my main menu is stuffing up can someone please tell me the exact file i need to delete to get rid of it.

I have tried to delete all the dayz lingor files i could find but its still there.. your prompt reply is anticipated. thank you for your time.

---------- Post added at 04:45 ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 ----------

20ub9lu.jpg

and this as well....

zsqbq.jpg

Edited by syntax_error

first glance looks like you have loaded up toh rearmed without having a2 co ?

then tried to play dayz on lingor mission or something ?

hey thanks for the quick reply but no unfortunately i had dayz lingor installed already before purchasing TOH i also have combined ops working and and the add ons folder from arma2 in my arma2oa folder. i have run in steam using right click launch combined ops.. when i launch TOH using the shortcut on the desktop that is what happens.. im still trying to fix it i just deleted a heap more dayz stuff.. its still there when i launch TOH .. any ideas where the file is that would be doing it? i really dont want to download another 8 gig as well as try to sort out all my mods again i just need to know the file that is causing it. why is TOH loading anything from dayz lingor is beyond me can i get a fix plz? thanks

edit.. lol please make arma3 waaaay less of a mess i can spend hours on here trying to get a tiny mod to just work and when i do it breaks something else..i have @ folders and .pbo's everywhere... sigh maybe someone could let me know how to force TOH to only load from arma EXACTLY what it needs not just any random file in the OA folder..

thanks guys!!

Edited by syntax_error

well something is not Loading correctly , this second error is because its not got the basic A2 configs loaded ,

TOH uses only House_Base_H IIRC so your houses from Arma2 in some island your loading perhaps is not configged.

PVP scene is the top man at sorting loading correctly out , he help me :)

but i suspect somewhere @dayz loads for some strange reason :( .

It's not a true fix to the root cause of your problem (I'm not sure what is), but in Steam, right click on Take on Helicopters, go to Properties, Set Launch Options and the type -mod=Noisecontrollers;Hinds . If there are other mods/expansions you want to add, other than Rearmed, add those in too. Also, If you don't have Hinds, take that out. If you don't have Noisecontrollers, download it - it's free!

What this does is it stops ToH from automatically registry loading Rearmed. So, you won't be able to play around with Rearmed, but this should at least let you play ToH. If the problem still happens, you've accidentally copied DayZ/Lingor/Arma 2 files into a ToH folder somewhere. As I said, this won't fix the root cause of the problem, but it should let you play ToH while you wait for someone else to reply with a proper fix.

Please upload your rpt file

Hi:

i also have combined ops working and and the add ons folder from arma2 in my arma2oa folder

I used to have my setup the same way. I had directory junctions (same effect as copying really) for AddOns and Dta from arma2 in my arma2 oa folder. In one of the recent Arma2 patches, this has become unnecessary (presuming you have legal copies of all the games). Operation Arrowhead can find your Arma2 installation and files through the registry the same way TOH does. So remove these copies, remove -mod= from your shortcut, and enable the games as Expansions through the ingame menu (you can go back to -mod lines later once things are working).

This should help; the only other thing I fear is that your Day Z and/or Lingor installations went directly into your arma2/AddOns or a2oa/expansion/addons folder. This might mean the files get loaded regardless of what you do; take a look in those places for any .pbo that did not come directly from Bohemia Interactive, and get rid of it.