Sign in to follow this  
hogthar

Design Mastery Characters

I started USMC desert units for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead.

My models have better hand and weapons angle.

I share unbinarized verzion to weapons angle lod, if maybe mod makers like and they will use them.

Class names:

class DM_USMC_D_TL //Teamleader

class DM_USMC_D_SR //Rifleman

class DM_USMC_D_AMG // Mashinegunner Support

class DM_USMC_D_AAR // Automatic rifleman support

class DM_USMC_D_AHAT //Antitank rifleman support

class DM_USMC_D_SL //Squadleader

class DM_USMC_D_Pilot

class DM_USMC_D_MG //Mashinegunner

class DM_USMC_D_AR //Automatic rifleman

class DM_USMC_D_GR //Grenadier rifleman

class DM_USMC_D_Engineer

class DM_USMC_D_DM //Designated marksman

class DM_USMC_D_CorpsMan

class DM_USMC_D_CM //Crewman

class DM_USMC_D_AT //Antitank rifleman

class DM_USMC_D_AA //Antiair rifleman

Very nice models, any plans for a woodland variant?

Also, DMweapons (the M4 pck from DM) seems to be a requirement, for gloves, scarves and other such paraphernalia.

All in all some very solid work there boys, thumbs up from me!

Yes i will create woodland variant.

First i create Desert Spec Ops units, then woodland units as well.

nice work Hogthar, downloading now...

many thanks for your marines :)

Nice man!

Since there's no credits included. Who made the models?

hey Hogthar, those models are awesome.....

i'm having texture probems..black texture on the gloves and back pouch..i have removed all other addons but still same texture problemes :(

I think the textures are spot on in terms of brightness. Just the texture needs to be re-sized so the digital pattern is more distinct and visible the way Binkowski did his camo textures on his Marines. Aside from that, outstanding work Hogthar! I look forward to future updates!

It looks like they are a mix of binkowski's and johannes stuff from A1, thrown together to form some cool dudes.

The models are neat.

Great looking models, BUT: when in first person view the arms are all black and in 3rd person view the gloves and packs on the hips and scarfs are black. Something wrong with textures and I get an error "cant load texture dmweapons\data\detailmaps\hog_dt.ppa"

Great looking models, BUT: when in first person view the arms are all black and in 3rd person view the gloves and packs on the hips and scarfs are black. Something wrong with textures and I get an error "cant load texture dmweapons\data\detailmaps\hog_dt.ppa"

Same here, black hands and some equipment also black. I am also wondering, is the equipment these units are wearing modern and the correct equipment? They seem like they are wearing Iraqi freedom equipment. I also am having problems with the Javelin class AT unit. It looks like you put the Javelin in the rucksack? Why? Why not just have it on their backs? I also am having a huge problem getting it out because it looks like you used a rucksack that doesn't have enough room for it.

Now, i would also suggest removing the camouflaged M4's from the AT units and any other unit. The "SMAW" unit doesn't even carry a SMAW, he carries an M3 MAAWS. Again, i want to make sure the clothing and body armor is modern.

Edited by DeltaDog17

I see some problems with models.

- 1. I used some effect from Dm M4 variants, so if you don't have this mod then you see texture problems(example hands are black)

- 2. Designated masksman & pilot hands problem

- 3. Classname errors(mashineguner).

I will fix these soon.

Anyway if you want enjoy this pack these days, downloads this pack: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16248 & use with USMC desert units.

They seem like they are wearing Iraqi freedom equipment. I also am having problems with the Javelin class AT unit.

Again, i want to make sure the clothing and body armor is modern.

I thought thats what he was aiming for. I actually like the equipment and all the rest. Just those textures need fixing

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Anyway if you want enjoy this pack these days, downloads this pack: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16248 & use with USMC desert units.

Will you be updating it so that we dont have to use the other mod?

go to editor, click twice anywhere you what place unit.

Faction: USMC

Class: Men - desert

Unit: what you want

then click ok button, and preview button

Amazing units. They really have character (the marines made by BIS always looked too clean and slim but thats just my opinion). You should add the M4 variants pack as a required mod on the download page so people wouldn't get confused about the black hands bug.

It would also be neat to get a replacement config for ACE desert marines sometime in the future if you have the time and even use ACE.

Looking nice, if you are interested I can let you use the Desert and Woodland Marpat Uniform textures I did for Bink's Marines.

Would just need to redo the few things that were left that weren't mine. Might help with some consistency throughout USMC addons.

EDIT: Nevermind that for now. Some very COD4:MW looking textures used here? You have permission?

Edited by Sabre

True, i uses some texture for first person. When MW 2 come they realised sample models and textures. Its means for me i can use for a free modification.

Looking nice, if you are interested I can let you use the Desert and Woodland Marpat Uniform textures I did for Bink's Marines.

Would just need to redo the few things that were left that weren't mine. Might help with some consistency throughout USMC addons.

EDIT: Nevermind that for now. Some very COD4:MW looking textures used here? You have permission?

Indeed, i was thinking the same thing with some of the pistol mag pouches and such.

I get: cannot load texture dmweapons\data\detailmaps\hog_dt.paa

If this addon is released as an independent addon, then maybe it would be best not to link to another addon :)

I also get black textures on the shemag and bags on the back, depending on viewing angle, when looking at units placed on the map.

True, i uses some texture for first person. When MW 2 come they realised sample models and textures. Its means for me i can use for a free modification.

MW2 Used U.S Army.

Could you please direct us to these sample models?

@Hogthar ,

“My models have better hand and weapons angleâ€----does this mean you have changed the head camera memory point? I do feel the BIS's model has a little forward memory point, so you can't have a good sight of rifle when in first person veiw, especially if the rifle are submachine gun or bullpup.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao