Sign in to follow this  
][niipaa

CO/ACR Humorous Loading Tips

Here's an idea: keep the funny text as normal, then you can add Murphy's military laws as Thought for the day ("Thought for the day: Anything you do can get you shot -- including doing nothing.". Also "An actually useful advice" series could be added telling player about lesser know features of arma 2.

Thanks again for informing us about your release :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_donwload_oa_4.png

CO/ACR Humorous Loading Tips RC2

required_addons.png

- Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic

- Arma 2

@Vilman

Not sure what the problem was but for me it worked. Please let me know (directly if you do not mind, cause I never saw your post here) if you experience more issues with our links. Maybe the server limitted your access, but if other links did work it could be other things maybe?

@Taro8, I'll hook up with the team and discuss that idea. We've been looking at taking community requests/suggestions the past couple days. Trying to find a good way to give love back to the community and still the keep the goal straight and true.

@Foxhound, Thanks again Foxxy, appreciate it muches!

I'm loving everything about this addon!

While explaining the new features in ACR, this was the one needing the most time to explain and the most hilarity giving examples.

You just improved on that, big time!

"An Actually Useful Advice: You can use teamswitch (T) dialogue as a makeshift GPS and radar" - I just realized this one right now, it works MUCH better then keeping your nose in map all the time. It works even better in single player as it slows down time as well. Kinda gamebreaking if you think about it.

Dick loading screen "Formatting C drive..."

Edited by Taro8

I'm loving everything about this addon!

While explaining the new features in ACR, this was the one needing the most time to explain and the most hilarity giving examples.

You just improved on that, big time!

Thanks! I know Niipaa really appreciate the kind words.

"An Actually Useful Advice: You can use teamswitch (T) dialogue as a makeshift GPS and radar" - I just realized this one right now, it works MUCH better then keeping your nose in map all the time. It works even better in single player as it slows down time as well. Kinda gamebreaking if you think about it.

Dick loading screen "Formatting C drive..."

Baha! I love that one. I like the one that says "If you see this screen, you need to reinstall ArmA."

make sure to add classic: "Reticulating Splines"

Great but not enough quotes, i.e. you soon start recognising them

Maybe you could add some of the military ones mentioned earlier?

domokun

Great but not enough quotes, i.e. you soon start recognising them

Maybe you could add some of the military ones mentioned earlier?

Armas idea of random is not quite what you would expect, there are 89 quotes in the addon and i highly doubt you've seen them all, having more or less quotes will not make new ones appear more often, and adding the "almighty" Murphy's Laws or your own quotes will not make it any better chances of seeing them are pretty slim, but if not adding these military quotes is such an issue to you then why not add them yourself?

As many have said before "The source code is right there, have fun" so yeah the source code is there have fun bro and simply add your own stuff, it's quick and easy so i don't see why you shouldn't.

Edited by jaca42

Yeah, I added some murphy's law and stuff I posted and I got to 150 quotes. Thats quite a bit.

Heh, here's anther one:

"Real men paradrop into the AO... in tanks... WITHOUT the parachutes."

Honestly you can drop in M1 from 700m without the parachute and nothing will happen to it. It's like some kind of "multiple simultaneous devastating defensive deep strikes", 110% surprise factor guaranteed. After all Im sure you would be all WTF?! if a tank fell out of the sky on top of you commander and then immediately proceeded to buttrape rest of your team.

I find the credit to be golden. Thanks for this addon.

Life is far too short to bicker about who created what or where credit is due. Humanity was built upon the sharing of and learning from other's ideas. While credit is always appreciated if you decide to use any of work, you will hear no complaints nor drama from us if you don't.