Sign in to follow this  
J3ST3RM4A3

Serious problems with ACR

I am having serious problems with ACR and was wondering if someone could help resolve. This DLC does not appear to be setup the same way as BAF and PMC. I had to do a -mod=@ACR in the command line just to get it load up because there does not appear to be any other way...

I have removed the entire game from my Steam directory and re-downloaded everything and still this has not resolved the issues I am having. When I do load the game as a mod, all of the buildings are missing and there appear to be other missing files...

See below:

http://i46.tinypic.com/33y5538.png (1879 kB)

Did you try running ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead first and then select ACR through the expansion manager ingame?

I had this same problem, but what worked for me was to run steam as admin, and run default ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead, not Combined Operations.

ACR will appear if you run vanilla CO without any mods or set it in the param manually, i use sixupdater to add it so i'm not so sure but i think you need to add mod=ACR in your param if you load other mods with it.

Why should ACR be ran as a mod to begin with? I buy the DLC from Steam, it should work, that simple... I shouldn't have to make any changes on my end at all to get the DLC to function properly. That is a crap ass way to do business. I've purchased both BAF and PMC, both worked fine the moment they were installed. Why is ACR different?!

/rant

Technically, BAF and PMC run as mods as well. BIS doesn't quite use steam as it's intended for some reason.

But you're right to complain, it's not really a hassle free process to get everything running easily as it should be compared to other available steam titles.

Get a launcher (such as spiritedmachine's ARMA II launcher or SIX launcher) and never look back.

I experienced a similar issue when I purchased the DLC. The way I managed to fix it was to go to the Steam store page for ACR and select the 'Play Now' option; the setup should then run for the DLC. From there it should then show up in your Expansion menu in-game.