Sign in to follow this  
speckog

admin login on self-host?

How do i set a password to login as admin on my self hosted pc ( play and host from same machine). Do i have to create a server.cfg?

Sometimes i like to host a game or 2 and want to be able to kick the usual *************** etc..

I looked on the forums but seems everythign i can find is aimed at dedi servers.

thanks

You talking about a dedicated Server or a internet server which you can create in game?

Hes talking about when you start up your game, and go to multiplayer, and then host a game,

then from the list on the right are missions, and a box in the middle of islands, then to the very left is any players.

When you host a mission there will be a login at the very top left side, but I myself never used this feature of the game,

other then hosting a mission which i have many a times, I believe a server.cfg needs to be made but I dont think so,

there is already an ARMA2OAPROFILE, and in the center of that is the following for the start of when you host:

browsingSource="Internet";
class Filter
{
serverName=" ";
missionType="";
missionName="";
maxPing=0;
minPlayers=0;
maxPlayers=0;
fullServers=1;
passwordedServers=;
battleyeRequired=0;
expansions=1;
};
lastMPMission="";
difficultyMP="regular";

I had thought there was a cfg already for this to login into your own hosted game, as you cannot change missions if you do not login,

you have to exit out and restart the server, I had always gone onto the server and edited mp missions, and only hosted those that

i edited to just test, and then if i were to edit another mission within the mpeditor I would load a mission from the editor itself,

as for logging in I dont know, I'd like to know this myself.

You talking about a dedicated Server or a internet server which you can create in game?

yes an internet server i create ingame

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

Hes talking about when you start up your game, and go to multiplayer, and then host a game,

then from the list on the right are missions, and a box in the middle of islands, then to the very left is any players.

When you host a mission there will be a login at the very top left side, but I myself never used this feature of the game,

other then hosting a mission which i have many a times, I believe a server.cfg needs to be made but I dont think so,

there is already an ARMA2OAPROFILE, and in the center of that is the following for the start of when you host:

browsingSource="Internet";
class Filter
{
serverName=" ";
missionType="";
missionName="";
maxPing=0;
minPlayers=0;
maxPlayers=0;
fullServers=1;
passwordedServers=;
battleyeRequired=0;
expansions=1;
};
lastMPMission="";
difficultyMP="regular";

I had thought there was a cfg already for this to login into your own hosted game, as you cannot change missions if you do not login,

you have to exit out and restart the server, I had always gone onto the server and edited mp missions, and only hosted those that

i edited to just test, and then if i were to edit another mission within the mpeditor I would load a mission from the editor itself,

as for logging in I dont know, I'd like to know this myself.

yes, i dont have the server.cfg in my folders but if oyu find a way please post here.

thanks for the replys

So anyone know what you need to do here, do you need to create a server.cfg to login to your own hosted server?