Sign in to follow this  
Wurnman

DVD boxed copy and dlc on Steam

Hey all, i have the boxed copy of Take On helicopters and now i see the DLC addon "Hinds" for a good price on Steam. Problem is when i try and buy the Steam DLC is says "Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy a game that requires ownership of another game you do not currently own. Please correct the error and try again."

Does it mean i cannot buy the Steam DLC? I have Take On Helicopter installed on my pc with some added DLC's installed allready.

Any advice appreciated.

hi, i am not professional on steam, so take this with caution , i think when you install steam you can "add other games to list" , if you did this steam will then know you have TOH maybe and allow download ?

Thx you are correct. Just added the game as non steam game. Still giving me the error though. I think i will contact Steam support and hear from them.

hi, i am not professional on steam, so take this with caution , i think when you install steam you can "add other games to list" , if you did this steam will then know you have TOH maybe and allow download ?

I'm pretty sure that Steam won't let you buy DLC for games which you don't own on Steam. I bought a Steam DLC code from a different site and tried to use it in Steam for my non-Steam ToH and it wouldn't work. That was the first time that I heard that you can't buy/download DLC on Steam for a game if you don't own the game on Steam.

Yes you are correct. Pity really seeing as Hinds dlc is at a very low price on Steam and much more here on Bohemia site.

I'm pretty sure that Steam won't let you buy DLC for games which you don't own on Steam. I bought a Steam DLC code from a different site and tried to use it in Steam for my non-Steam ToH and it wouldn't work. That was the first time that I heard that you can't buy/download DLC on Steam for a game if you don't own the game on Steam.

Steam works with the Developers of the games they sell. They write special code for the integration of Steam( overlays, product verification, etc, etc ) into the game. If you buy the game on Steam, you MUST only purchase DLC from Steam!.

Consequently, if you bought the game from BI's site, or the boxed version, you can only purchase DLC from there.

Hope that helps! ;-)

=170= Sven2157