soner

battleWarden.net - RCon for ArmA & DayZ!

The app is written for windows. using .net framework from what i can see.

You can try it with wine. not sure if it will work tho.

using .net framework from what i can see.

No! :)

Does this work with linux?

Not natively as it is a Windows application. But if there is huge demand I will start working on a Linux version.

No! :)

Sorry my mistake then :)

The gui looked so .netish so i assumed it was written i using that frame work.

but since so many are using wine to get arma2 servers work in linux. i am going to ""assume"" again it will no be that hard to get it running there.

Hey guys,

I am going to start working on the next battleWarden release in the next days and still looking for some nice feature requests. So if you have got any ideas do not hesitate to post them here!

would be nice to see an option to range ban on ip's,

also could there be an option to bring the database out of the program to work with mysql for example ?, may speed battlewarden up as i have noticed it running slow when the db file is large,

possibly a server side to collect guid, ip and names,

how about a colour change when sending private messages to people in game, so it stands out and they notice it,

be nice to have team stats back

an update feature through the program itself

just some i thought of

how about a colour change when sending private messages to people in game, so it stands out and they notice it,

I would say all admin messages, not just private messages. :)

I would like to see this implemented also.

IS there a guide anywhere on how to set this up please.

We have a hosted serer which i have access to via TCAdmin however Im stuck on how to set it up.

Thanks in advance

Hey guys,

I am pleased to announce the release of battleWarden 1.1 which can be considered to be one of the most important updates since the first version of ArmA 2 RCon. Besides several fixes and new features it now also supports the battleWarden:Spy module which is part of the battleWarden package.

battleWarden:Spy is basically an extension for the RCon tool (so there is no stand-alone version) and does support two very important features for admins: Logging and Triggering

It is capable of saving all data received from the BE server in a very flexible way. So for instance you are able to define your own file, date and time masks (see bwspysettings.ini). The data is stored in simple text files for reasons of easiness.

But the most important feature is definitely Triggering. This allows you to define your own triggers for both Log and Chat messages. Thereby you can make battleWarden react in several ways like displaying a popup in the systray. But you are also able to send the data triggered to a web interface via the Call parameter (a manual regarding this will follow).

So bW:Spy is a very powerful tool enabling you to do virtually everything you want with the data provided by the server. You could create a mail system which informs you via mail when a message is triggered. You can even create your own online (player) database. So there are infinite possibilities as long as you are familiar with PHP. Defining the trigger text patterns is also very powerful as bW:Spy is using regular expressions (see Pattern parameter in bwspysettings.ini).

I hope that you will LOVE this update!

Changelog: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1444

Bug reporting: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/rcon/issues

Download: http://battlewarden.net/downloads/

BTW: battleWarden has a new sponsor: http://www.sigclan.com/

Edited by Soner

Great news Soner!

Just curious, do existing Premium users have to go and do another FB Like to get a version with player DB again?

Nice sarcasm. ;)

No, they do not need to do this. :D

I already liked Facebook page for version 1.0 in order to make it Premium and now I've downloaded version 1.1 from battleWarden.net and it tells me to "like" the Facebook page once again.

How to proceed to make version 1.1 Premium?

Edited by Groove_C

Nice sarcasm. ;)

No, they do not need to do this. :D

What? :eek:

Oh crap, lack of emoticons fail on my part. Sorry man I really wasn't being sarcastic but I can totally see how it came out like that.

No, I only asked because the v1.1 download currently limits access to the player DB just like the v1.0 Basic did. I am more than happy to go do another FB like (or whatever), I was just asking if that was the reason.

I use your v1.0 premium daily (along with my other 2 admins) and do utilise the DB tab quite a bit (dealing with players that have already left before getting banned).

Anyway, thanks for the new version and sorry for the misunderstanding.

I already liked Facebook page for version 1.0 in order to make it Premium and now I've downloaded version 1.1 from battleWarden.net and it tells me to "like" the Facebook page once again.

How to proceed to make version 1.1 Premium?

As stated here: https://twitter.com/solicus?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=solicus&utm_content=334353544129966080

I am going to release the Premium Version today. It will then be available here: https://www.facebook.com/solicusoftware/app_190322544333196

@redshirt_ensign: no problem. ;)

Edit:

The Premium Version has been released. Have fun!

Edited by Soner

Hey soner

Im looking at this Bwspysettings.ini and im confused as how to use it?

not quite sure if its a command or its automatic?

What exactly is confusing you? The bwspysettings.ini is the only file to access the bW:Spy interface. It's declarative so it does not look like there are any commands. If you want to add your own trigger just add a new sub-class within the Triggers class. This one could look like this:

class trigger3{
		Type="Chat";
		Pattern="[a-z]c[a-z]";
		Title="bW:Spy";
		Message="Triggered";
		Call=" "; // this parameter takes a URL, you can use <Base64Content> as a variable
	};

So what's this code doing? First we have to define a class name. In this case it's trigger3. You can choose any class name you want. It really does not matter whether you are using trigger as a prefix or not. You can also name your class "dummy".

Within this class we have several parameters to set up our new trigger. Type is the type of data you want to trigger. It can be "Chat" or "Log". In this case it will only trigger chat messages. So every message you can see in the Log tab will just be ignored. The next parameter Pattern takes a regular expression ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression ). So bW:Spy will trigger all chat mesages which contain a string in the format [a-z]c[a-z], for instance acu. Title and Message are parameters for the systray popup. Leave them empty if you do not want battleWarden to display any popup.

And finally, the most important parameter is Call. Call takes a URL and you may use <Base64Content> as a variable within the URL, for instance: http://www......com/bwspywebinterface.php?id=<Base64Content>

whereas <Base64Content> is the WHOLE message triggered and base64 encrypted. If you are familiar with PHP you can use base64_encode in order to decrypt the content and process it (note that the resulting string is UTF8 encoded).

Edited by Soner

Solid work on 1.1 Soner! It's getting to have a nice clean look and the small but important new functions have been well received on our end. :cool: It's working great as expected -- thanks for the continued development of this tool. I'll continue to poke around and see if there is feedback/suggestion I can come up with.

Hi FelixLegion,

thanks for your kind words. I will try to implement every reasonable feature request in my free time. So do not hesitate to post them here!

What exactly is confusing you? The bwspysettings.ini is the only file to access the bW:Spy interface. It's declarative so it does not look like there are any commands. If you want to add your own trigger just add a new sub-class within the Triggers class. This one could look like this:

class trigger3{
		Type="Chat";
		Pattern="[a-z]c[a-z]";
		Title="bW:Spy";
		Message="Triggered";
		Call=" "; // this parameter takes a URL, you can use <Base64Content> as a variable
	};

So what's this code doing? First we have to define a class name. In this case it's trigger3. You can choose any class name you want. It really does not matter whether you are using trigger as a prefix or not. You can also name your class "dummy".

Within this class we have several parameters to set up our new trigger. Type is the type of data you want to trigger. It can be "Chat" or "Log". In this case it will only trigger chat messages. So every message you can see in the Log tab will just be ignored. The next parameter Pattern takes a regular expression ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression ). So bW:Spy will trigger all chat mesages which contain a string in the format [a-z]c[a-z], for instance acu. Title and Message are parameters for the systray popup. Leave them empty if you do not want battleWarden to display any popup.

And finally, the most important, parameter, is Call. Call takes a URL and you may use the <Base64Content> as variable within the URL, for instance: http://www......com/bwspywebinterface.php?id=<Base64Content>

whereas <Base64Content> is the WHOLE message triggered and base64 encrypted. If you are familiar with PHP you can use base64_encode in order to decrypt the content and process it (note that the resulting string is UTF8 encoded).

yeah, i see now, i figured it out.

also, the !admin doesnt work in some chat channels, a few of my guys tried it in vehicle chat and i saw nothing in rcon and no pop up.

Awesome, loving the new BanReasons config class. Don't suppose there is such a class name for Kicking too?

These are great for getting my admins to be more consistent with ban/kick messages they use. :D

Could you give an example or description of the call feature? Or perhaps some resources on how to use it? Loving the work so far

An example was given in my previous post:

And finally, the most important, parameter, is Call. Call takes a URL and you may use the <Base64Content> as variable within the URL, for instance: http://www......com/bwspywebinterface.php?id=<Base64Content>

Any idea why I can see some player's group or direct chat (when typed), but not other players'? I have tested this, and confirmed it, but can't figure out how to fix it.

Is it possible to make it so when a notification pops up in your Sys Tray that it makes a sound? Like can we make it do that if we'd like?