Sign in to follow this  
Zarx

In what format does ArmA 2 call to database, please?

Does anyone know the way Arma 2 calls to a database? Like what the format it? My buddy and I can't seem to find it any where.

This will go a lot better if you make a descriptive title. Cause "I cant seem to find what I am looking for can someone answer this for me? " is basically what everybody thinks before asking a question here.

Just sayin.

Zarx

Welcome to the forum.

If you have questions about DayZ, better use their forum.

For other queries, please use descriptive thread titles. It's not just a good idea, it's the rules.

Hey richardp

Perhaps if you are not familiar with problem solving over the internet, it involves a lot of inductive reasoning from incomplete information. It often helps the process to guess what the problem will be, then have the user with the problem whether or not the assumption characterizes their problem. This allows you to quickly scratch possibilities off of the list, especially if the user doesn't really know how to articulate their problem (which happens often if they are new to the thing they are having problems with).

Now, if this is a DayZ problem, then the user can save himself and everyone else's time by going to the people who know about their systems, since the DayZ devs don't maintain a forum thread here. If it isn't a DayZ problem, then he only has to read two posts and continue on narrowing his problems to people who would help him.

In the future, the forum rules prohibit users from publicly commenting on user actions, or from insulting moderators or other users. Future comments can be sent to my pm inbox.

§18) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the forum or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator (Placebo), he will be happy to look into the matter. You may also ask your questions in the "Ask a mod" thread; however that thread is not to be used to attack/rant against specific moderators or about specific rules but more for questions/answers.

@richardp... If you know what makes DayZ tick and the fact that not much else out there uses a database... it's pretty damn easy to figure out mate. It was also a first post which was asking some pretty heavy duty stuff and not simply how to make a "hint" work!

Have a good day brother.

This is not in regards to dayz... We are wondering how the Arma 2 engines calls to a database or what format it does. Its more of a general question because we were wanting to try something with Arma 2 an idea we had.

I could use Day Z as an example, but still over all. Arma 2 does need to make the call to the database, but I am not talking about day z. Its more of general question.

Unless Arma 2 is self doesn't call and its based on a like an api or something and then Arma 2 just runs the scripts its told to...