Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

PMC Ulah-Yuryakh

PMC Ulah-Yuryakh v1.0

Russian wilderness somewhere in Siberia.

PMC_ulah_yuryakh-01t.jpg PMC_ulah_yuryakh-02t.jpg PMC_ulah_yuryakh-03t.jpg

PMC_ulah_yuryakh-04t.jpg PMC_ulah_yuryakh-05t.jpg PMC_ulah_yuryakh-06t.jpg

Read online manual: PMC Addons/Mods Online Manuals: PMC Ulah-Yuryakh.

Read PMC Tactical Forums Official Release topic.

Download PMC_ulah_yuryakh_v1.0.7z - 145mb.

Mirror 1: Armaholic.com.

Mirror 2: Armedassault.info.

All mirrors are very much appreciated, thank you.

Edited by Snake Man

Definitely worth trying this one if you want to feel lost in a giant terrain with only hills, trees and some rocks. Size is approx. 4 times Chernarus is. Good for some huge Search and Rescue missions or even tank battles.

This would be awesome in conjunction with some mechanized airborne missions/scripts.

Can rely on you for the larger terrains snake man, nice, look forward to having a good look around..

Thanks for sharing & your hard work.

This is a great map PMC :D First thing I do when I download is do the above users suggestion and make some Russian airborne mission if I can find some VDV units.

Looks very interesting for some missions, and great that the size is huge.

Thanks!

Siberia... Home sweet home.

Thank you, Snake Man

richardp,

VDV is here.

Ah thanks! This will be fun.

Another nice one SnakeMan! Well done!

This one makes a refreshing change from the usual "desert" terrains the Big Map Guys tend to go for - in an effort to maintain performance usually.... This one seems to strike a nice balance between "interesting and huge" and "plays well"!

One or two small locations might be a nice touch if there's a future version - just to give the occasional "point of reference" in the landscape, plus of course, providing something to fight over... :)

need winter version

There's another good suggestion!... I don't think there's been a "Winter" map on this scale as yet... wouldn't be that hard to do, and I guess Siberia is an ideal location! ;)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I love these big maps for the reason that you can actually simulate large scale assault, even if there aren't any small towns to fight over mechanized infantry and tank assault is fun.

I checked the map out a bit and I think it's great! I would love to see a version with a few settlements/farms with dirt roads/paths (or something like that) and a small airstrip on opposite sides. Ohh and btw, I have an amazing fps of your map!

need winter version

After thinking about it, I second that. :)

I checked the map out a bit and I think it's great! I would love to see a version with a few settlements/farms with dirt roads/paths (or something like that) and a small airstrip on opposite sides. Ohh and btw, I have an amazing fps of your map!

I disagree. We have enough maps with towns and roads - which are sometimes in the way just when you don't need them. Also Snake Man said that this terrain can't be edited in V3 so placing stuff is out of question. And then you also have to make a "real" Satmask instead green grass only. Chernarus is ~360 MB in size, do you really want to load a 1.4 GB terrain? :D

No this one doesn't need anything, I like it the way it is now and if you really need buildings you can place them at the editor everywhere you want and need them.

No this one doesn't need anything, I like it the way it is now and if you really need buildings you can place them at the editor everywhere you want and need them.

Totally agree with that.

SNAKE MAN really good map, I love it:yay:, a very good hunting ground for snipers, etc, etc, in this area you can do many things very good, thanks for your work!

erm

I would like to know how can you place those trees without using V3PE ????

Anyways, a map so huge does not seem to fit without a couple of tiny simple airstrips... cause that size and this terrain is perfect for epic air ground battles... and without any airstrip, mission editors should have to place every air vehicle flying already ???? or they can also put airstrips with mission editor ????

So, why don't you reveal the huge map making recipe?

I would like to know how can you place those trees without using V3PE ????

So, why don't you reveal the huge map making recipe?

You can import them from another tool. My guess is that he just used World Tools although I may be wrong about that. You can make a 4096 x 4096 with a terrain resolution of 10m. If you do a 1m/px sat map that is a 40,000px x 40,000px sat map which I guess probably isn't out of the range of a good computer. Or you could just do a 2m/px sat map at 20,000px x 20,000px which I would think many computers could handle. Anyway I will stop taking guesses and let him explain himself if he so chooses.

Chernarus is ~360 MB in size, do you really want to load a 1.4 GB terrain? :D

You have a point there :)

For missions with units without map and gps it helps to have some visual landmarks, but that can indeed be solved with some objects in the editor. There are enough empty spots for a barn or a radio tower etc.

Definitely will make a mission with this map!

Nice one :) But according to tree density it is not a Syberia, it is a town park more like :)

Imo it looks like someone didn't like to make different tree density - just put a repetitive "forrest pattern" script on and hope no one mind the artificial nature.... at least some dirt roads and few settlements/small villages would have been nice.