Sign in to follow this  
Appogee

What would you like to be able to mod in CCGM?

Since I personally lack the know-how, this post will be more of an idea for someone else to execute :)

As it was asked in this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140105-Two-Monitors

I completely agree with the multiple monitor support, but would love to see a modular solution to it.

For example:

1. 1st monitor - main display, unit control, etc.
  2. 2nd monitor - displays the tactical map for the current island
  3. 3rd monitor - may display current island information & objectives
  4. 4th monitor - carrier status screen
  5. 5th monitor - (optional, I suppose) global map (i.e. completely zoomed out)
  6. optional retasking of one monitor (selectable by the user in the multiple screen setup menu maybe?) that would show the global or tactical map focused on an island that has just come under attack/being overrun/lost/just got beer and pizza delivered to it

Mouse and keyboard focus would switch from monitor to monitor when the user requests the particular screen via regular key/mouse controls AND/OR via additional key combinations (shift+ 1, 2, etc. or ctrl/shift/alt + F1, F2, etc.?).

When switching focus mouse position would be saved and restored when the user switches from screen to screen to make the transitions slightly less confusing.

Would probably require a separate configuration menu with a couple customization options for user's monitor layout, selecting which information screen goes onto which monitor and such.

I am stuck with a single monitor for now (soon to change), but if this idea could ever be realized it would truly be glorious, in my opinion :)

o/

Edited by Rbit_Lsi

ha and the next multimonitor request by a eve member. give us the mp first than all others. oh yah and i want the 3d model for the tactical map who i can turn and zoom. i want to command my units sometimes and not want to fight my self and sometimes you dont know what the terrain really looks like. is there a crack or just a other darker texture for the ground, is this accessible for my ground units etc.

Personally i'd like to be able to take those "drop pods" from the intro cinematic and the start of the campaign then port them into Arma 2 or Take on helicopters, Just because they're awesome :D

Thing is i have no idea how to do that at all.

It would also be quite cool if there was some mod where we could call in drop pods with 8 troops and land them on islands at a cost of a certain amount of materials, they could even be loaded with Ai soldiers that are on your side (since they already have some sort of fighting ai) would be like calling in ODST's or pelicans.. Space marines? :)

The second idea seems more "because it would be cool" then anything, unless they automatically try and hack the closest hackable building they land at, at which point "drop troops" would definately be useful as well as awesome looking. "but lets not forget enemy AA turrets" <-- or maybe add that silo type building seen in the campaign which has to be taken out before troops can be called in.

I wish we could randomise the island terrains and layout. I posted a topline process for creating randomised islands in another thread. It would add significantly to the replayability of the game.

Totally agree,random islands is a must as the game will grow stale without it in the longterm.