Sign in to follow this  
Aardman55

Gore?

^ 0:20 4:21 Terrain modification would also be epic! ( 7:15 )

Id really love to see gore in this game.
Either i throw or shoot something explosive at someone and he just lies there with nothing but a amount of blood on him (Vanilla) or
I get to see the same old white torsor with missing legs and 2 feet next to it (SLX Mod),
id really love to get more realism, e.g More variations (lose legs in ied, lose leg / arm in grenade / lose arm legs and head in bombings) or atleast a more charred corpse other than a white torso.
It would not only add to realism, but also to the war part of the game, as in real life if someone would get hit by a ied being RIGHT under it he wouldnt just lie there with blood over him, atleast not 90% of all the time.
Any opinions? :)

The only reason I think gore would be okay is because of the stress factor.

But you should not lose bodyparts every now and then.

Too much of those effects are only waste of performance and after a time it would become ignored by the players.

But perhaps stressfactor can be gained also in a way that they are starring with shocked mimics at you, crying to you, beg for help, raising their arms in your direction.

That could be already possible with some new animations and sounds. (I know there are already some sounds and animations, but there you don't really feel involved somehow)

I agree, and no it would suck if it would happen each shot with a pistol, but when im flying iwth a lets say A10 and bomb a house and a infantry man would come in and suddenly see a civilian / insurgent without arms and / or legs lieing there motionless / begging for help, heck id feel like in real war!

Have you searched before posting yet another "we need Gore!!!" thread? Obviously not, else you would have found quite some threads about this - all closed and since Gore still isn't added after so many years you can presume that it won't be added now. Same goes for terrain modification.

You really think such things would be added with ARMA 3 around the corner?

civilian / insurgent without arms and / or legs lieing there motionless / begging for help, heck id feel like in real war!

You do realize that this a game and should be sold as often as possible? You don't sell too much copies if the game is 18+ or even banned in some countries for this - unnecessary - content.

Have you searched before posting yet another "we need Gore!!!" thread? Obviously not, else you would have found quite some threads about this - all closed and since Gore still isn't added after so many years you can presume that it won't be added now. Same goes for terrain modification.

You really think such things would be added with ARMA 3 around the corner?

You do realize that this a game and should be sold as often as possible? You don't sell too much copies if the game is 18+ or even banned in some countries for this - unnecessary - content.

I would like more gore....and the game is already 18+...

Many have misunderstood me cause of a fail, i ment Gore MOD.

Sure, the devs wont add any gore to the game and thats why we have all the modders to do it, and i didnt say about arma 3 needing it at all -_- sorry really but sometimes even mods fail at reading.

And also, i guess i do have the right to post my own idea of gore other than just saying "We need gore like this *link* !!!" or something. I saw about a gore mod being developed by icewindo, but dont know when exactly it gets released.

If you think gore is unnessecary, then its fine, but there are many people out there who want more realism in their game and not just someone running into a ied and having a intact corpse after a large explosion.

Im sorry, but i cant take bombing serious if all that happens is me falling down with a red screen, same for the enemy.

AND Soldier of Fortune 2 in example would be a unknown long buried game if it didnt feature the gore system. Everywhere you go about sof2, one of the things on it is its gore system. I do not need or want a that complex gore in it, but a soldier losing a part of his leg at a explosion would add to some realism.

Personally, I think a realistic portrayal of gore would improve ArmA, but I also know that is is a controversial topic and a lot of people are against it. In that case, there should be an option to disable gore like "Blood" currently is, for the squeamish.

Many have misunderstood me cause of a fail, i ment [sic] Gore MOD.

Then please ask in the addon request thread, thanks.

gore, baned? Thinks of Maxpayne 3...

Only in Germany. In fact, back in the day, I was surprised when I heard games were banned in Germany because of gore, as I've previously only heard of games getting banned for sexual content.

Edited by Laqueesha

Gore for arma 2 has been around a while in the form of SLX _wounds pbo’s, below in the spoiler are two examples of the mod. The wounds can consist of complete body dismemberment, a gun shot taking a head off completely (powerful gun required) or the top of the head (in spoiler YT), faces blown away (in spoiler, pic) etc.

It pretty much covers the bloody side of things, however there is a gore mod being worked on at present, as already mentioned, for complete body dismemberment, which has better graphics/animation. Whereas the slx dismemberment would show body parts, after dismemberment, as burned/fried, the new gore mod being worked on shows them as fresh, terrible word for it but there you go, blown off body parts, which is more realistic to real life. The burning of body parts that were closest to the initial hit, could be realistic i.e. could still be burning or burnt, but in general this new mod is truer to the effect..

Warning: this spoiler would be a ‘18’ game classification! But very tame compared to many games out there.

If you are suggesting an addon, then please use the addon request thread stick in ArmA 2: A&M: D.

On this forum, you must search before posting a new thread, and you must make sure you're posting in the correct forum. It's not just a good idea, it's the rules.

Thanks. Closing.