Sign in to follow this  
lev

Preorder Bonuses?

I'd be happy with a Steelbook containing the disks, manuals, maps and maybe some postcards.

Edited by jblackrupert

I like the sound of getting physical stuff with a retail CD version but pre-order bonuses just seem a bad idea to me, in-game content and stuff. Unless it's just some camouflages pattern or something not as important.

Alpha/Beta access and a map is all I really want.

The map does not have to be a pre-order bonus, but I would like to see one available in the store.

Everyone's been talking about Collector's edition stuff, ie. things that can be bought as a bundle before AND after the game has been released.

In terms of preorder bonuses, it's hard to come up with anything since ARMA is such an open ended game, ie. Skins don't do much due to camo issues, slightly different weapons don't make a huge difference in the world, etc.

I don't think early alpha access would be good because since ARMA isn't a huge name title like BF3 or COD, they don't have the hype/advertising around pre-ordering the game purely for the early alpha access. IMO more people would bite if the alpha was released evenly to everyone so that people can start to get excited for the game itself even if they haven't played an ARMA game before.

Then maybe add in the Chernarus maps/missions as a DLC bonus for people who preorder.

Edited by ruhtraeel

In my case, buying a physical copy is always more expensive than the digital ones. maybe 5 to 10 euros more expensive than buying the game on steam for example. But I suppose in some cases it might be cheaper, and ooo! I suppose its really great for some people to have a manual come with their scratchable and brakeable cds. I used to buy copies when I was younger, but now I don't really see any logical reason why its better to have a physical copy. You still own the game, even if you bought it on a digital platform and you signed and agreed to a legit agreement, saying you own the frickin game!(never read it completely trough though... :cool:) The only actual problem with it, is that you have to download it, I hate doing that, but aside from that, you still get to play the frickin game, it it will be awesome... hehe!

Im not taking the frickin ferry over that god's forsaken fjord to get my physical copy for a large sum and having to talk to that deaf geek with those atomic pimples over there, even though it might be worth it in this case, but hey, comeon guys, lets not be silly and so surprisingly cool and oldschool. As I said earlier, its all about the game, ingame.

My respect still goes out to those who cross that fjord and return alive with their copy firmly in their grasp.

To make one thing very clear.

Ingame preorder bonuses are a very bad Idea!

I would be happy with some sort of collectors edition with some nice extra stuff.

Agree.

Much prefer maybe something like a wall map of Lemnos with interesting areas marked, like "don't take photo's here" etc

I would be happy with some sort of collectors edition with some nice extra stuff.

Agreed. I much prefer feelie bonuses like a chunk of the Berlin wall (World in Conflict).

I agree it would just ruin the game.

The Joy of having arma 3 deliverd home?

Comon thats a bonus, thats somthing for V.I.P´s.

The common peasants have to go to a shop and buy it with all the danger out there in the world.

Traffic, thief's trying to steal your arma 3 copy,women, brain bugs, sun and fresh air.

Pre order now and avoid all this!!!!

The Joy of having arma 3 deliverd home?

Comon thats a bonus, thats somthing for V.I.P´s.

The common peasants have to go to a shop and buy it with all the danger out there in the world.

Traffic, thief's trying to steal your arma 3 copy,women, brain bugs, sun and fresh air.

Pre order now and avoid all this!!!!

Amazon? I know plenty of online shops that deliver.

anyway for arma X owners, will have guaranteed alpha access? Any way of some discount for arma X owner perhaps? :)

why honor the arma X owners??? Ive got every arma release since release day except arma X because.... i don't need it, if they are going to praise any previous purchased titles the only one it shouldn't be is arma x

well, there are some examples of games, where you got beta key for next title, by owning previous titles "special edition" version, so why to do the same with arma X owners?

why honor the arma X owners??? Ive got every arma release since release day except arma X because.... i don't need it, if they are going to praise any previous purchased titles the only one it shouldn't be is arma x
well, there are some examples of games, where you got beta key for next title, by owning previous titles "special edition" version, so why to do the same with arma X owners?

Ladies, first off, you are acting like some broke ass b****. Secondly, the above has nothing to do with the thread, so instead of asking for for discounts here, might wanna save some pennies. It is not like A3 will cost an arm and a leg.

Ladies, first off, you are acting like some broke ass b****. Secondly, the above has nothing to do with the thread, so instead of asking for for discounts here, might wanna save some pennies. It is not like A3 will cost an arm and a leg.

Then again, if a "Preorder Bonus" thread wasn´t going to contain some brokeass bitches ideas (though standard from my point of view), why would such a thread exist at all? :rolleyes:

grow up dude, and ask ur parents, to bring you some manners first.

Map of Limnos and Stratis, no postcards, just those and mehbeh a first aid kit or [operational emergency sidearm].

Kidding about the pistol thing, but I'd very much like a map of Limnos and Stratis, and a first aid kit.

I would love a first aid kit, a compass, an army knife similar to swiss army knife(not an actual knife but like a useful knife with multiple tools), and a map of Limnos and Stratis with a wall poster of arma 3 and a 15% coupon inside for discount online ;)

Maybe everyone who preorders gets an extra rank in the game? Just an extra bar/stripe ya know? Nothing that affects game functionality just for looks, or maybe a little ribbon on their uniforms? Something kinda subtle but those in the know will look for ya know? :)

That'd look silly in Arma. Assuming it doesn't implement the worn out MP ranking system, the extra ranks would just look out of place. Of course, I am a supporter of the following argument

To make one thing very clear. Ingame preorder bonuses are a very bad Idea! I would be happy with some sort of collectors edition with some nice extra stuff.