Sign in to follow this  
HFTB

just installed CO -- crashing constantly due to "preNLOD format in object" error.

thanks in advance for any insight on this problem. as i said, i just installed combined operations on steam (been playing the free version for a bit and fell in love with it). i immediately installed ACE2 and I44 using playwithsix as i knew i wanted to check these out. i then attempted to play some single-player scenarios in CO/OA. everything works perfectly until i click the "play" button, at which point the map begins to load as it should, but i then CTD with the following error:

"Warning: preNLOD format in object ca\structures\furniture\tables\conference_table_a\conference_table_a.p3d"

it seems that i can play I44 with no problem (i just messed around in the editor for a few minutes), but anytime i attempt to do anything with CO/OA, i get the conference table error. i googled and found a vague mention of a similar problem (the same error but for a different object). someone suggested that the game cache be verified from within steam which i did, and indeed it recognized 1 missing file or something like that and it said it was updating, but the problem persists.

obviously this is a real damper, and especially since it appears to be something related to a stupid conference table! does anyone have any idea how i might fix this? thank you again.

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

further searching seems to suggest that a fresh install is the likely recourse. i uninstalled OA first to see if A2 would run on its own, but A2 didn't even make it to the main menu before crashing out with the same error (whereas CO/OA let me choose a map and player and then crashed when the map is supposed to actually load).

anyway, apologies for the redundant post.

First, restart your PC. If that doesn't help, try running ArmA as administrator. You don't need Steam running to play ArmA.

If that doesn't work, then you'll probably have to reinstall. Just make sure Steam is running as administrator while installing ArmA.