Sign in to follow this  
Dajunka

[Beta3] Graphics and lasers.

It really has me wondering why you would spoil what would be beautiful graphics with this horrible grain effect. It looks ****.

The lasers. You can't be serious? They look to like they were pulled straight off a 90's arcade machine. Surly you can do better than that.

Other than that, and trying to change the keys most times, causes the game to lock up, it's not a bad at-all.......so far. :)

Yeah, the film grain effect is ... not my favorite feature.

As for the lasers? I love them. Pew pew!

Yeah, the film grain effect is ... not my favorite feature.

As for the lasers? I love them. Pew pew!

Really? the way I see them they are way to thick and the the vivid colour is comical, and does not go with the theme at all. More like cartoon lasers. They must have stole the graphics from the BBC micro's Elite.

"Real" lasers can't be seen at all. What you're seeing is either the ionization or flat out combustion of the air between you and the target (depending on wavelength). Since weapons-grade lasers don't actually exist yet, we don't really know what the effect would look like, do we?

Anyway, I love the "fat" laser, and the color is proper pew-pew-grade red. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I think the lasers are fine. Haven't noticed any grain effect but maybe that's because my graphics settings are turned down.

If you are unhappy with the "grainy" effect - turn down post processing.

I have it all the way off. I hate post processing in any game. Result, still grainy.

There is also far to many jagged edges even with AA turned on.

Edited by Dajunka

The laser is okay for my opinion.

The Rockets are smaller... maybe better because you see not only their back by fireing them :-)

BUT the Plasma has loosen its flair. The sound is really not my thing and the graphics too "futuristic". Liked Plasma in Beta2 much more - it was closer to the original, where the bolt has also really an long tail. Now, in beta3, it's only an "Ball", I think. :-(

What is that ATOC setting on under settings? Trees and grass looks like out of LHX: Attack Chopper from 1990 :)

What is that ATOC setting on under settings? Trees and grass looks like out of LHX: Attack Chopper from 1990 :)

Retro look to mimic the original Carrier Command. :D

The lasers. You can't be serious? They look to like they were pulled straight off a 90's arcade machine. Surly you can do better than that.

I think I have to agree here!