Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

Beta 3 bug reports

EDIT. Guys, it's recommended that you report bugs here:

http://www.carriercommand.com/feedback/

So please report your bugs there, it's probably the best way.

SERIOUS! I cannot set waypoints - at least don't know how! No matter if I SHIFT+LMB as documented or CTRL+LMB - my Mantas fly directly to the clicked target. Ughhh! Argggh! Makes it almost unplayable! :)

Just a comment: Freelook, was it there before? It's great. Now I can look around with pressed "ALT" like in Arma II... But you have to define the keyboard shortcut first. Why didn't you predefine it?

EDIT: Issues I reported in the bugtracker so far:

Manta assistance pathfinding really bad/ stuck at hills

Bugs - 2012-09-21 13:28

Carrier front drives too far into pier

Bugs - 2012-09-21 13:25

Setting waypoints is buggy

Bugs - 2012-09-21 13:21

Mantas don't dock on moving carrier

Bugs - 2012-09-21 13:14

Radial menu not easily accessible

Bugs - 2012-09-20 19:48

Edited by tortuosit

What are you reporting???? Beta 3 not even out yet. My Sprocket still grabs version 2.

Unless you have a new sprocket ????

SERIOUS! I cannot set waypoints - at least don't know how! No matter if I SHIFT+LMB as documented or CTRL+LMB - my Mantas fly directly to the clicked target. Ughhh! Argggh! Makes it almost unplayable! :)

Just a comment: Freelook, was it there before? It's great. Now I can look around with pressed "ALT" like in Arma II... But you have to define the keyboard shortcut first. Why didn't you predefine it?

Can confrim it and cause found.

They remapped the keybindings, to set up Waypoints again remapp the "Function Key" to what ever key you want to hold for Waypoints.

Possible cause, the new Afterburner function and some other stuff thats now on shift :P

Or you just hit "Defaults" to get the old controlls back.

Heissa! Beta3's here now? Fine!

But... tried to download it and sprocket is always just "Connecting..." and after a while "Disconnecting...". Maybe all servers are busy? Does somebody else make this experience?

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

What are you reporting???? Beta 3 not even out yet. My Sprocket still grabs version 2.

Unless you have a new sprocket ????

Why doesn't anybody answer him? My solution is the same: There seems to be a new sprocket! With the old one I could not connect (because the file was no more existant, I guess) - now, with the new sprocket.exe (same filesize) it works right now.

They remapped the keybindings, to set up Waypoints again remapp the "Function Key" to what ever key you want to hold for Waypoints.

Phew that would have been painful playing without waypoints. Would have liked it left alone ie. shift for afterburner etc. and waypoints but maybe there is a reason it can't be.

I tried out the free look view. I would prefer if it's center of rotation was on the vehicle rather than behind it, it just seems a bit strange and you can't see the vehicle in all it's glory as you look around. I'll play for longer later tonight.

I downloaded new beta3 sprocket using the old link in the beta2 announcement email.

I played the Beta 3 for 2 hours now and frankly I am horrified. We are suffering the same problems as before and some came on top:

• The autopilot is still running the carrier aground with the need for costly repairs when steering around an island.
  • The setting of a series of waypoints is no longer possible.
  • The carrier is still heading to the island's port instead of leaving the timewarp when reaching the nearest coastline of a selected island.
  • The carrier stops each time you give him a new movement command. This is EXTREMELY annoying when you are hunting the enemy carrier.
  • No selection of several units with CTRL.
  • Still no free selection of the carrier's waypoint in a zoomed out map display.

I think I need a while to cope with those findings. Right now I am severely pissed... :mad:

I played the Beta 3 for 2 hours now and frankly I am horrified. We are suffering the same problems as before and some came on top:

• The autopilot is still running the carrier aground with the need for costly repairs when steering around an island.
  • The setting of a series of waypoints is no longer possible.
  • The carrier is still heading to the island's port instead of leaving the timewarp when reaching the nearest coastline of a selected island.
  • The carrier stops each time you give him a new movement command. This is EXTREMELY annoying when you are hunting the enemy carrier.
  • No selection of several units with CTRL.
  • Still no free selection of the carrier's waypoint in a zoomed out map display.

I think I need a while to cope with those findings. Right now I am severely pissed... :mad:

ScareYa - look a few posts back - you need to set the SHIFT and CTRL keys in the options menu. You will then be able to set multiple waypoints and select multiple craft.

[...]you need to set the SHIFT and CTRL keys in the options menu.

Those keys are already pre-selected. But why do I have to select my mantas by typing CTRL+2 and CTRL+3 and CTRL+4 and so on when I HAVE A BLOODY MOUSE? I wish to keep CTRL held down and klick on the mantas or their icon. That's how I have done it in the previous betas too, btw.. :mad:

And more:

• Manual steering of the carrier is still awkward. Why is the carrier moving full speed ahead when I command left or right only?
  • Where is the promised sinking animation of the enemy carrier? You still get just a plain message and the wreck keeps afloat burning.
  • I still can't add anything at the end of the production queue as long as the same item is already in the queue. Why would I do that? Well, I need 4 fuel packs, then I need 1 manta missile, then a hack capsule and THEN AGAIN 4 fuel packs... I need fuel packs ALL THE TIME! But I don't need all of them at once!
  • With the enemy carrier already destroyed one of my islands is still blinking red indicating that it is being attacked (by whom?). Obviously I am not allowed to change the island's type as long as it's being attacked (which it actually isn't because the bloody carrier is already burning afloat). Anyone of BI play-testing this game at all?

Edited by ScareYa
Finding more and more problems which I surely wouldn't have expected in such a short time 1 week prior release...

I downloaded the newest sprocket.exe, and all I can see in my sprocket.log is that the FTP account is not recognized. Invalid user/password. :-( Not sure what's going on..

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Now it seems to work, so something has changed...

Those keys are already pre-selected. But why do I have to select my mantas by typing CTRL+2 and CTRL+3 and CTRL+4 and so on when I HAVE A BLOODY MOUSE? I wish to keep CTRL held down and klick on the mantas or their icon. That's how I have done it in Beta 2 and Beta 1 too, btw..

Look for Multiselect in the key binding menu and set it to CTRL, works like beta 2 then hold CTRL+Click to select multiple units. Also just realised you can set waypoints aka Funtion in the menu to SHIFT and also have SHIFT for afterburner etc. They should have had these binded by default in the release but at least we can set them back.

Manual steering of the carrier is still awkward. Why is the carrier moving full speed ahead when I command left or right only?

If you just press left key while stopped it will turn pretty much on the spot, so bring it to a stop and then turn left or right using just left/right keys, takes a bit of getting used to but it is a big lumbering piece of machinery compared to the walruses and mantas etc.

Look for Multiselect in the key binding menu ... [...]

Found it. Thank you. That makes it a bit more accessible. *stillpoundingmyheadagainstsomething*

[...] ... but it is a big lumbering piece of machinery compared to the walruses and mantas etc.

True, that explains why it's turning slowly. But not why it's jumping ahead while turning...

I just furious right now...at sometimes the Vehicle-AI is okay, and yes it got a bit better.....but seriosly give those damn WALRUS god damn TRACKS instead of wheels....there behavior is just a freaking pain on your lovelydesinged terrain, they getting stucked everywhere, sliding down every little hill, they cant even drive straight over a bridge without falling of.

Give them the ability to turn on spot! And 90% of those stupid behavior is gone and i have much more fun with this game right now i dont have the option to drive my walruses...i freaking need it and its no fun always "micro" those damn walrussen stuck between a freaking tree and a slope....and trying to get around it GNAR.

Your Pathfinding might have gotten better, but the driving of those AI's break it all together....driving against a wall...drive backwards ramming a tree drive forward ram the wall...tree...wall...tree...wall, free....now a rock... same shit again.

With tracks...ramming a wall turn around on spot....drive forward...done...

Playing longer then an hour like this is totally frustrating.

Timewarp....i dont even know why this still exists it would be far easyier and comfortable to have a time increase and time decrease. Oh wait...(looks at the released plattforms)...ahhh yes....GRRRRR.....

Right now there are still to many things in this games thats make it still frustrating for me. Yes the concept is good, yes they make an interesting game, yes you can play it in RTS-Style...BUT you are forced to micro your units for now...

Sorre for my hard words...but i played the beta-3 and had some more then one moment where it was really pissing me off...especial the walrus driving AI.....

And i HOPE i dont have to wait for mods to have this game enjoyable...*sigh*

You guys sure its a beta 3 and not an earlier version you are downloading by accident? (I know I know)

You guys sure its a beta 3 and not an earlier version you are downloading by accident? (I know I know)

no its the new version sadly.

It will not be any bad game at all but still feel's too much consolish imho

I'm glad they added the tooltips and freelook.

It's now also possible to produce items when you don't have the full amount of credits yet.

For the pathfinding, let's hope they will figure something out for that. The idea of using tracks instead of wheels sounds like an intriguing idea.

Timewarp. Timewarp is better for performance. I haven't an option yet to activate timewarp when you want to wait for something to build, but with the continuous production even when you don't have enough resources, production goes way quicker now. So I don't know if I still want a timewarp for skipping time.

Those keys are already pre-selected. But why do I have to select my mantas by typing CTRL+2 and CTRL+3 and CTRL+4 and so on when I HAVE A BLOODY MOUSE? I wish to keep CTRL held down and klick on the mantas or their icon.

This is strange, holding CTRL and clicking on manta or walrus icons works fine. Ensure you have the "Multiselect key" in the keybindings bound to Control.

Manual steering of the carrier is still awkward. Why is the carrier moving full speed ahead when I command left or right only?

To turn practically on the spot, hold backwards, then hold the side you wish to turn towards.

Where is the promised sinking animation of the enemy carrier? You still get just a plain message and the wreck keeps afloat burning.

The sinking animation is in the full version, not the beta.

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

Timewarp....i dont even know why this still exists it would be far easier and comfortable to have a time increase and time decrease. Oh wait...(looks at the released plattforms)...ahhh yes....GRRRRR.....

Just for the record, the fact that the game is being released on various platforms has nothing to do with the timewarp feature. Timewarp is there to reduce how long it would take to move between islands. Accelerating time on the spot influences many things, such as physics, so it is not possible to have time acceleration.

AI path-finding in the Walrus is still terrible. The AI gets itself stuck a lot requiring me to take manual control. In a couple of instances the AI has got a Walrus completely stuck on debris and I have had to bring out a second Walrus to ram it!

Other than that, I am enjoying this beta much more than the previous ones. The enemy AI seems a lot less aggressive in that it doesn't hit island after island in quick succession, which for me is making it a lot more fun. You can still loose mantas very quickly if you are not careful, but this I don't mind as it makes you be more careful ;-)

I think you need to fix the path-finding before release though - I can see that reviewers will pick up on this very quickly and it may take the shine off some of the reviews. I would seriously consider delaying to fix this, or at least make a very up front statement of intent that it will be fixed in a patch.

Edited by Jedra

Ensure you have the "Multiselect key" in the keybindings bound to Control.

Why isn't it preselected? Why do you install that "Multiselect" key at all? I do play a lot of games and I NEVER had to select a "Multiselect" key...

To turn practically on the spot, hold backwards, then hold the side you wish to turn towards.

Don't you see the problem? Why not just forward with forward, left with left and so on? It just doesn't make a lot of sense the way it is.

The sinking animation is in the full version, not the beta.

Good to know.

But all in all I don't see many improvements compared to Beta 2. Even the pathfinding is the same with stuck walruses and everything. Well, at least you can deploy units while the carrier is moving now. And the game doesn't crash any more.

People- there is a bug tracker.If you have a bug or 12, report them there.

Do you mean http://www.carriercommand.com/feedback/ ?

Well, no. Seems like I need another login there; BI store/forum credentials do not work there.

- Waypoints [numbers n>1] can not be set unless the Mantas are completely undocked.

- Pathfinding of assisting Mantas horrible, if the Manta, which they are have to assist, is behind a mountain.

The assisting Mantas somewhat get stuck at hills, completely braindead. The same behaviour as in B2 I think. I've already seen the assistant hitting a hill.

- Pathfinding of Walrusses: Crazy and time consuming. It just happened that my crazy Walrus tried to come to Vattland. It got stuck on many coastal places where it actually could not enter the island

Edited by tortuosit

Do you mean http://www.carriercommand.com/feedback/ ?

Well, no. Seems like I need another login there; BI store/forum credentials do not work there.

- Waypoints [numbers n>1] can not be set unless the Mantas are completely undocked.

- Pathfinding of assisting Mantas horrible, if the Manta, which they are have to assist, is behind a mountain.

The assisting Mantas somewhat get stuck at hills, completely braindead. The same behaviour as in B2 I think. I've already seen the assistant hitting a hill.

That's because you have to register for the bug tracker.

Just make a new account and start reporting bugs!

The bug tracker is the only place the devs will look for bug reports.

The two bugs I have reported during beta1 and 2, are both fixed in this beta3.

I registered to the bug tracker and filed a first bug (I'm not able to set many Manta waypoints all over the place - the Manta stops when the last one is set...)

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

2 Questions:

- Dock Manta while carrier drives is not possible: intended?

- Freelook only possible when under AI: intended?

TIA

Thanks for the feedback.

- Dock Manta while carrier drives is not possible: intended?

It should be possible, so that would be a bug.

- Freelook only possible when under AI: intended?

Yes, that's intended.