Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

Beta 3 bug reports

Those keys are already pre-selected. But why do I have to select my mantas by typing CTRL+2 and CTRL+3 and CTRL+4 and so on when I HAVE A BLOODY MOUSE? I wish to keep CTRL held down and klick on the mantas or their icon. That's how I have done it in the previous betas too, btw.. :mad:

Ok, maybe I am misunderstanding but I can drag select the units with my mouse by holding down the mouse button. I agree with you that you should be able to press ctrl and click the icon so that you can select multi units. That is pretty annoying.

Other than that though the beta looks very nice so far

Edit/. Actually I can do CTRL+Click multiselect now. It seems that you have to have one of your units out, or the carrier to be still to do it. Wierd

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

Yes I see what you mean about the carrier stopping whenever a new move order is given. I agree, seriously annoying.

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

Ho boy. I just hit a Humdinger of a bug. I came across the Enemy carrier and it sailed right through my Island to escape. This is one that needs to be killed in a day 0 patch.

I submitted this immediately http://www.carriercommand.com/feedback/view.php?id=589

Also is it just me or does driving the walruses feel different than the old beta.

I am just about to raise the bug, but if you run out of fuel during timewarp, the timewarp continues even though your carrier is not moving! If you run out of fuel, then it should drop out of timewarp.

Also, I thought that the AI was less aggressive with its island taking - I was mistaken. Does the enemy AI suffer the same constraints as the player? Does it need resources? Because he takes those islands really, really fast and does not ever seem to be restricted by fuel or any other type of resource. If it's not a level playing field then there seems little point in playing.

2 things I'd like to see added to this game:

1. a tooltip explaining what sort of equipment you're holding your mouse over on the walrus/manta.

Reason: I dont know what the small icons stand for in the vehicle loadout, so I have no idea what equipment I have on the vehicles.

2. A speedbutton. No, not like the timewarp, but more like Total Wars speed-function that lets you speed up the time a bit, or pause it if you need it to.

Reason: Its a pain in the ass having to wait for a slow walrus or manta to reach its designation or dock with the carrier, and waiting for a productionqueue is booring, as well as waiting for the transportship to reach the carrier.

Sorry for going off-topic. I know none of these are bugs, but I felt it would fit better here than making yet another new post in the forum. They've been mentioned before in one way or the other, but it would be nice to see if someone here would like the ideas good enough to actually post them to the dev-team :)

(I on the other hand have a small feeling that the moding-community will give us a time-function sooner or later)

Two problems I reported in the bugtracker:

a) [isitjustme?] Highlight items in radial menu needs way more mouse movement

b) Entering many (5 plus?) waypoints (maybe some have to be at the maps edges) and entering waypoint stops. Also the Manta stops when I enter the last (not recognized) waypoint.

Multiselecting units (ctrl+click) and setting waypoints (shift+click) worked "out of the box" for me in this beta - no need to explicitly set them in the controls.

Could this be because I completely uninstalled the old beta before installing this one? Perhaps the control problems people are having is due to them installing beta3 over beta2?

I also did a clean install of beta 3. No issues here regarding controls.

This game is awesome.

Multiselecting units (ctrl+click) and setting waypoints (shift+click) worked "out of the box" for me in this beta - no need to explicitly set them in the controls.

Could this be because I completely uninstalled the old beta before installing this one? Perhaps the control problems people are having is due to them installing beta3 over beta2?

It seems I have keyboard problems (ctrl+click), (shift+click) do nothing. I will try to remap and if that doesn't work I will try another keyboard.

Edited by Dajunka

Dajunka, set key bindings to default in the Key bindings window. I think it's a settings problem for all who had B2 installed.

BTW what is "shit-click"? :D

Dajunka, set key bindings to default in the Key bindings window. I think it's a settings problem for all who had B2 installed.

BTW what is "shit-click"? :D

oops! me and my fat fingers. :D

I didn't have Beta 2 installed. I will try the defaults now, it's just I am shy of going anywhere near the key settings as they sometimes lock up the game.

oops! me and my fat fingers. :D I didn't have Beta 2 installed. I will try the defaults now

Then I'd say they don't distribute CC with proper key bindings.

Greetings All,

I have played about 2 hours of Beta 3 and noticed the following bugs. Will post more as I notice during play.

0000602: Manual Carrier Movement

0000600: Naval Combat - Island load and Enemy Carrier Orientation

Anyone else see this? I'm running at 10680 x 1050 and the Walrus armed with a cannon the aiming marker is about an inch to the right of where the gun aims on screen?

I'll try and grab a screenie to illustrate.

EDIT:

Odd, reloaded the game, aiming reticule is fine! Oh well.

Edited by VFRHawk

Meanwhile I have reported tons of bugs. Today:

0000610: After I set "defensive stance", waypoints couldn't be set / manual control necessary

0000611: Auto save (F5) not working - A few key bindings not shown in UI

Until now, waypoint setting and Walrus AI are the biggest issues for me.

Edited by tortuosit

I have this error requester:

Engine:

NULL pointer to instance

Class: 'APA_MilitaryAdvisor'

Function: 'FindAttackTarget'

Stack trace:

scripts/Advisors/UEC_MilitaryAdvisor.h:356

scripts/Advisors/UEC_MilitaryAdvisor.h:546

happend during attacking with a walrus a burning enemy carrier

Hey Antares,

it's the enemy carrier strinking back!

I also had a similar crash (same class but other function) when I followed the enemy carrier. Also in the UEC_MilitaryAdvisor.h - Maybe you add your experiences there.

http://www.carriercommand.com/feedback/view.php?id=599

Michael

I am just about to raise the bug, but if you run out of fuel during timewarp, the timewarp continues even though your carrier is not moving! If you run out of fuel, then it should drop out of timewarp.

Actually this is on purpose (you can drop out of timewarp by pressing cancel), this is so that the player can send a barque to his carrier with fuel, and does not have to wait painstakingly long for it to arrive.

Actually this is on purpose (you can drop out of timewarp by pressing cancel), this is so that the player can send a barque to his carrier with fuel, and does not have to wait painstakingly long for it to arrive.

Really? Ok if it is by design then I guess that's fair enough. In this case there should be an audible warning that the fuel has depleted as when it happened to me, I was still hearing the 'dumdiddydumdiddydumdiddy' music and assumed all was well - I was sorting production stuff at the time.

It only really caught me out because my fuel looked like it was going to reach the island - it was actually just short of the island, so I thought I was safe to go into timewarp.

Really? Ok if it is by design then I guess that's fair enough. In this case there should be an audible warning that the fuel has depleted as when it happened to me, I was still hearing the 'dumdiddydumdiddydumdiddy' music and assumed all was well - I was sorting production stuff at the time.

While I agree with the design decision to keep time warp on I also agree with your point. Had it happen to myself also, it is not always easy to notice. Some audible and/or visible feedback is a good idea. You should perhaps log this as a suggestion instead. A loud fog horn sound? :)

Could that put you at a serious disadvantage vs the enemy carrier? ie. while your carrier is in time warp and out of fuel it's actually crawling at a snails pace while the enemy could be buzzing around at top speed getting an advantage while you're not even aware of it, there probably should be more warnings for out of fuel. Perhaps a flashing red fuel guage or as mentioned more audible warnings.

When you are low on fuel you get a red sign on your fuel guage. And frankly if you let yourself run out of fuel you deserve the enemy carrier running around taking your islands. After all, if the enemy runs out of fuel you will obviously say "gosh! it is really unfair to be taking advantage of his misfortune. I shall just sit here on this Island till he gets going again. It is only fair! Dib dib dib and all that." rather than "MUHUHUHAHAHAAA! ISLANDS HERE I COME!!!"

So, keep yourself topped up with fuel kids!

Something additional for the "Fuel"-Theme here:

Its quite inconvenient, not to know, how many fuel a fuel-pack contains. The production-display says that I've five of 40 fuel on Carrier (for example): "5/40". But I don't need to produce 35 fuelpacks to have my carrier full charged. So one fuel-pack deliveres ... don't know, maybe 5 units of fuel. This should be explained or - much better - be synchronized: So make the fuelpacks faster produced and lighter (to produce and deliver "real" 35 of them in equivalent) OR give the total carrier-amount the real size (for example 10 instead of 40).

Tell me what you think, then I will report officially it on bug-system.

When you are low on fuel you get a red sign on your fuel guage. And frankly if you let yourself run out of fuel you deserve the enemy carrier running around taking your islands. After all, if the enemy runs out of fuel you will obviously say "gosh! it is really unfair to be taking advantage of his misfortune. I shall just sit here on this Island till he gets going again. It is only fair! Dib dib dib and all that." rather than "MUHUHUHAHAHAAA! ISLANDS HERE I COME!!!"

So, keep yourself topped up with fuel kids!

Normally I would agree. In the scenario I was in, the fuel 'ring' went as far as the island, so it looked as if timewarping there would not be a problem. So I busied myself elsewhere like I do whenever I am timewarping. As it happened it stopped just short of the island and it was a good 30 seconds before I realised. By the time I had realised, the other carrier had taken another island.

I would suggest one of two things;

1. A warning when you attempt to timewarp to an island and you don't have enough fuel.

2. An audible warning when you run out of fuel.

I will add it as a suggestion.

Raised as suggestion here

Edited by Jedra

Yeah still think the crew should notify us when fuel is low/out. As captain of the ship we have much more important matters to attend to than monitoring a fuel guage, I mean what kinda crew carries on sailing without saying anything, they should be fired :)

Its quite inconvenient, not to know, how many fuel a fuel-pack contains.

I thought that as well, you kinda have to judge it roughly at the moment. You might overspend if you want to fill up etc. not a huge deal though