Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

MechWarrior Online

Anyone here play MechWarrior Online? I have been looking at this title for a few days now and am unsure if I should buy in. If I do plan on buying one of the tiers, it will most likely be the Legendary package. I just want to know if it would be worth it in the long run.

Aaah, finally! Been wondering if none of you guys liked robot'esque tanks with huuuge lasercannons attached *pew *peeeewwwww

Don´t know about the founders packages, as the price tag is quite hefty imho. If you are a BT nerd enthusiast like most of the guys on the MWO homeforums i´d say go for it, you surely have been through worse (than paying some 120 quid for a game) while playing that thing as tabletop with longass charts and whatnot :D

Other than that, wait till you can playtest (founders offer running out, i know lol).

According to the permanent whining on their forums about "pending bla", i guess their beta roster for the american continent is full?

I can't say I've ever played the BattleTech boardgames (Born too late I guess :)), but I did play the old MechWarrior games which I loved.

Then it all comes down to how much you really want to play the game right !now!

Nobody will be able to say if it´s woth or isn´t, mainly due to NDA restrictions, but also since the game is still in Beta.

Who knows what the dev´s have in store to make your C-Bill milking Founders Mech worthwile ...

You also never know what happens to "desired gameplay" when the omfg-WoT-maincrowd hits the servers upon release - though, having played WoT this evening i´d forsee ANARCHY durchdreh.gif

It´s been mentioned in some dev interviews, but i don´t remember a specific "yes" as an answer .. more like "maybe".

Daft question, is there a release date for MechWarrior Online?

Player Callsign: AnotherFineMechYouveGottenMeInto

So, NDA restrictions are now lifted on the closed beta, anyone else been playing it? I've been completely addicted the last few nights, mainly downing Atlas in my trusty lil' Raven. Massive fun.

Been playing too, but at some patch my FPS was crushed, only "played" for testing new user.cfg tweaks or looking if new patches fixed my issue ever since.

Will keep trying!

This weeks major patch introduced new Cryengine version and got rid of my horrible FPS problems (makes you wanna punch anybody in the face who advised to "buy new hardware").

Also open beta is starting next week! See you on battlefields! *pew *stompy *peeeeew

PS: NDA is lifted, yay for pics

th_wmobeta7.jpg th_mwo_ohshiiiit.jpg th_wmobeta15.jpg

th_wmobeta16.jpg th_mwobeta13.jpg th_wmobeta12.jpg

Edited by Mr Burns

Suddently i'm feeling to download the game and indulge in reminiscences of the old MechWarrior, loved it. :)

Awesome! And hopefully AC´ing you soon on the battle(tech)fields.

Ingame nick is burns, you´ll reckognize me as one of the first mechs blowing up ;)

Player Callsign: AnotherFineMechYouveGottenMeInto

ooooh, now i see who that mysterious person is who added me!

Hows your journey going, still having fun? I sure am :D

Quite happy with todays new patch. Soo many new things to try *wheeee*

MWO more and more grows the perfect alternative for the braindead players infested WoT...