Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 97127 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror :

fixed regression on server browser (unable rejoin server(s))

[97106] Changed: copyFromClipboard now does nothing in MP, copyToClipboard does nothing in MP on clients.

[97105] New: Added scripting functions profileNamespace and saveProfileNamespace.

+ several other crash fixes

suggested to be used for server hosting as it shall be noticeably stabler

(if you still get any crashes, it's very important for us to get server's mdmp,bidmp,rpt files

(compressed e.g. to my email (which is my nickname @ bistudio.com)with subject CRASH)

BattlEye compatibility: ... SUPPORTED, enjoy ! ...

Edited by Dwarden

[97105] New: Added scripting functions profileNamespace and saveProfileNamespace.

Awesome :bounce3: This should open the door to a simple way to get MP save as well as client side configuration and data storage!

Awesome :bounce3: This should open the door to a simple way to get MP save as well as client side configuration and data storage!

Yes, awesome indeed! been waiting for this to be ported over from ToH for some time :)

Awesome patch!

But I have been getting a lot of "Connecting failed" errors when joining servers lately! This only started to happen recently

[97106] Changed: copyFromClipboard now does nothing in MP, copyToClipboard does nothing in MP on clients.

Wont this effect addons like MCC sandbox for saving and loading in missions in MP which I believed used such functions?

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/51253#note-2

"I have to agree, this change will break mods/scripts that are currently in use within the missions in our servers.

Please, revert it back or at least give us the chance to activate this on the mission or server side!"

I doubt there is any way in which that function can be allowed to be used in multiplayer.

The opportunities for it to be used to steal private information from users is just too great.

It's not my fault if BE can't update itself,what should i get kicked ????

Exactly how hard is it to use an older beta in MP until the new one is supported?

A dirty thing for users who want to transfer huge data from/to the game with a single action.

A serverside parameter would be fine, but not every user can realize data transfer via the dll interface, that's a bad thing.